🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Inappropriate behavior of a client
Page options
nidauj
Community Member

Inappropriate behavior of a client

Hi Community,

I hope you all are enjoying your work. I worked with a client back in 2020 for almost a week on hourly contract and fulfilled all the requirements within a very short duration. The client was very happy and ended the contract happily with a very nice feedack. Now she appeared again and asked for some changes which I however did without any offense. She then asked for additional work and ownership. I understand that the work is associated to her and I never intended to keep it restricted. She does not understand the things as she is non technical and I respectfully asked her if she is wiling to pay the time I will spend. She started to threten me that she would create dispute and according to her I overbilled her when I did the work in 2020 and treated me like I asked something wrong. She behaved really rude,unprofessional and unethically which I don't assume a sensible person could have been. I have noticed feedback of other people who claimed her acting like this. Please suggest what can be done in this situation. I have delivered the required additional work now but I want to report her. 

2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

Nida J wrote:

Hi Community,

I hope you all are enjoying your work. I worked with a client back in 2020 for almost a week on hourly contract and fulfilled all the requirements within a very short duration. The client was very happy and ended the contract happily with a very nice feedack. Now she appeared again and asked for some changes which I however did without any offense. She then asked for additional work and ownership. I understand that the work is associated to her and I never intended to keep it restricted. She does not understand the things as she is non technical and I respectfully asked her if she is wiling to pay the time I will spend. She started to threten me that she would create dispute and according to her I overbilled her when I did the work in 2020 and treated me like I asked something wrong. She behaved really rude,unprofessional and unethically which I don't assume a sensible person could have been. I have noticed feedback of other people who claimed her acting like this. Please suggest what can be done in this situation. I have delivered the required additional work now but I want to report her. 

You must make your own decisions about how to handle things, but here is what I would do: 

1. Take screenshots of her threats. If she later makes up stories about you to try to get you in trouble, you can use the images as evidence that she is acting in bad faith. 

2. Send her a polite note stating that your obligations to her ended when you completed the contract and that any subsequent work you did was as a courtesy which you are not required to extend. Then, explain that because she has become adversarial and is accusing your of wrong doing, you can no longer communicate with her. 

3. Block her from all of your communication channels. 

A mod will probably come along soon and explain how you can report her on Upwork. 

gina-herrera
Community Member

"I have noticed feedback of other people who claimed her acting like this."

next time check the feedback before agreeing to work with someone, it will save you the trouble of working with horrible people. but definitely just block them.

If you go into your chat messages, and hover to the right of the rude message, you can click the gear icon and there will be an option to report.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members