🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Incorrect negative review removal
Page options
rajnirughwani12
Community Member

Incorrect negative review removal

Hi,

I took a contract with a client recently. During the very first zoom call after accepting the contract and starting work, the client was behaving very badly. She took remote control of my screen and started changing screens. She won't even reply to my questions. Also the job post was completely different from what  I was asked to do. She gave me someone else's study material and asked me to teach a few students which is also violation. I have a chat history and screenshots from that zoom call to prove that. I ended the contract immediately after that call since this client was a fraud. However, I have received a very negative feedback from her saying my profile is fake. She has mentioned things like I work for $5-6/hr which is absolutley incorrect as most of my jobs have been fixed-cost. All of my other clients are happy and gave me 5 stars. 

Is there a way to remvove this review from my profile as this is all horribly incorrect and the client seems to be unreasonable.

Thanks

Rajni

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you refunded what was paid then the feedback and all reference to the contract will automatically disappear from your public profile page.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Rajni,

We have been told by a moderator on this board that Upwork excludes "... clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so their scores won't count against you..." in the calculation of your Job Success Score.

That may be the case with this particular client, but this will not be confirmed or denied by Upwork in any particular case.

We have never seen any indication on this board that Upwork also removes client feedback from a freelancer's JSS calculation, regardless how inaccurate the feedback or difficult the client, under any other circumstances. 

Good luck!

Will, Thanks for getting back.

I just wanted to know how can this feedback be removed from my public view. I have refunded the amount that was paid for this contract. I just don't want such kind of bad review that others read which later will affect my new job proposals. 

Regards,

Rajni Rughwani

If you refunded what was paid then the feedback and all reference to the contract will automatically disappear from your public profile page.

Thanks Preston. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members