🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Interview process on Upwork
Page options
008c640c
Community Member

Interview process on Upwork

Hello everyone,

I am new on Upwork and wondering about the interviews. What is the process? I am not able to find much information.

How often do clients ask for audio, video or chat interviews?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sajal36
Community Member

After proposal submission, mostly it is single interview or discussion on the job post. However if you have middle person involved then there can be multiple round. I have always observed video interview for the job post. But different people might have different experiences. 

As you cannot share your contact details prior to contract (Upwork TOS) so all interviews must be on upwork plaform.. Any work must be started only after contract is initiated by client.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
9486af42
Community Member

Hello,

The process is inbound that mean you need to schedule the meeting option with client or hit the call button for instant ZOOM. 
And how many times interviews happen that varies by clients. 

But one thing for sure, don't initiate the work before contract. 

Hope it helps.

Hi, I got an interview invite from one client and she messaged me : upwork interview.png

What does that mean? What link she asked me to send her? Client is trusted. 

sajal36
Community Member

After proposal submission, mostly it is single interview or discussion on the job post. However if you have middle person involved then there can be multiple round. I have always observed video interview for the job post. But different people might have different experiences. 

As you cannot share your contact details prior to contract (Upwork TOS) so all interviews must be on upwork plaform.. Any work must be started only after contract is initiated by client.

008c640c
Community Member

Hi, I got an interview invite from one client and she messaged me : upwork interview.png

What does that she mean by that? What link she asked me to send her? Client is trusted. 

sajal36
Community Member

Schedule zoom meeting on upwork it contain the link.. In the message window in the top left corner you will see schedule a meeting. You can use this link for scheudling and then send across zoom meeting request to client at the time.. you can refer this link Schedule a meeting 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members