🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is Upwork scam, where’s Upwork protection
Page options
ffa05aed
Community Member

Is Upwork scam, where’s Upwork protection

Hello Upwork, 

where's your protection for freelancers. All the hiring and biding system handled by you and your moderators. You introduced escrow payment system hold the amount and released by the client. Now I completed a task and got an email and mark as done my work and client paid the milestone. I'm umware and don't know about upwork payment policy like 

1. Upwork is secure

2. I worked for 2500$ dollars but didn't receive anything.
Two of my invoice are in pending don't know what to do client says i paid. But if upwork not charged is this our issue. Is this freelancers issue?

there's still my invoice in pending, its been 6days and I'm empty handed. Which person or thing i rely on. Upwork whose not doing there work or responsibility for us. Is Upwork hub of scamers? 
who will pay me 2500$ 

i got work even work history mentioned in my profile i earned this and this this task i have done.

i need answer. 
let me know whats wrong 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is not a scam.

But there are scammers on Upwork.

Upwork does not "protect" freelancers.

Freelancers need to learn how to use Upwork properly.

If a freelancer gets scammed, it is the freelancer's fault.

It means the freelance used the platform incorrectly.

You can't say now its freelancer fault. Is Upwork work with another method. There's a simple method you got offer read it and work for client and got your amount. And and i got the same message, i got paid and that's it I attached the screenshot for sake of favour not to hear that its our fault. I did my best and do the work. If Upwork didn't protect then why Upwork here.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Ammar,

If this is a fixed-fee project, submit for payment and the client has 14 days to either ask for a revision or pay. Otherwise Upwork auto pays in 14 days.

sofia2008
Community Member

Did you have to buy something for the client? Some amounts seem to be high just for 1 day. (2 x 1,030)

I write a complete book for the client that's was too lengthy he paid me this and the other 1k $ for I completed a web app deisgn.

the thing is how i got paid not that i being questioned or blamed by the moderators its my fault. My fault I'm working on Upwork and using the Upwork services that my fault? 
kindly resolve my issue.

tlsanders
Community Member

Did you click through to your list of pending transactions to see the date payment will be released? 

There's no date for withdrawal but there's only pending written down here.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members