🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » This **bleep** client is cheating.
Page options
eff90fb5
Community Member

This **bleep** client is cheating.

증거2.jpg

This client (

Alina Miroslava)

is cheating. I've spent almost two months on this, and I've worked for a ridiculous little amount of money, and I've been not paying it for almost three months. She keeps posting other job openings. I would like to inform the forum of this situation.

I kept sending messages, but they didn't reply, and now they blocked me. help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Unfortunately you have been scammed. Taking a client off platform is a terms of service violation. I would advise that you cut your losses on this occasion, report the client job posts to upwork in the hope that they decide to remove the client.

Moving forward you need to make sure you understand how the Upwork system works. There is no reason anyone should get scammed in this way if they use the platform correctly. 

You need to start off by reading the basics on how Upwork functions, just because you are new does not mean that you should just jump in head first without knowing how to use it. LOTS of scammers operate on these job boards, so the only way to protect yourself is to ensure you are doing things correctly.

this is a good forum post that can point you directly to some useful information to help you get started and stay safe in future.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1223213#M731669

The client you talk about above will not pay you - so stop any work, dont give them anything and avoid any further contact.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Can i just ask why you have been working for a ridiculous little amount of money?

As a freelancer you get to choose your rate, not the client. I understand that occasionally it might be tempting to take a lower paid job for whatever reason, but honestly, its the fact people agree to them that they exist! 

I am not sure if you are saying you have not been paid it for 3 months? If this is the case then i am puzzled how this has happened - assuming you are doing the work on Upwork and not off platform?

The way Upwork operates if your not on an hourly contract is, you agree a milestone with your client, the client funds that milestone and you complete the agreed amount of work to release that milestone.

So, even if the client keeps posting multiple jobs and you keep bidding on them (though there would be no real reason for this to happen) then each job should have a set amount of work for a set amount of pay agreed between you and your client.

Aside from all of that if it has got to the point where you are so annoyed, then cut ties with the client, they are clearly not a client worth spending your valuble time on.

I didn't know much about Upwork's system because it was my first time working on it. We proceeded without a contract. This **bleep** client, after almost two months, suddenly asked me to stop working. (I've already done more than 80 percent of the work.). I've been waiting, but they told me to stop working unilaterally because there was a problem with the vendor. Since then, I've been delaying my payment for almost 3 months, and I haven't been answering messages, and she's blocked me. I hate it, but I'm still posting job ads. What a shameless person.

Unfortunately you have been scammed. Taking a client off platform is a terms of service violation. I would advise that you cut your losses on this occasion, report the client job posts to upwork in the hope that they decide to remove the client.

Moving forward you need to make sure you understand how the Upwork system works. There is no reason anyone should get scammed in this way if they use the platform correctly. 

You need to start off by reading the basics on how Upwork functions, just because you are new does not mean that you should just jump in head first without knowing how to use it. LOTS of scammers operate on these job boards, so the only way to protect yourself is to ensure you are doing things correctly.

this is a good forum post that can point you directly to some useful information to help you get started and stay safe in future.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1223213#M731669

The client you talk about above will not pay you - so stop any work, dont give them anything and avoid any further contact.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members