🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is it possible to bring back the Propose Cont...
Page options
c18f1786
Community Member

Is it possible to bring back the Propose Contract option after an interview?

A few months ago, I put in a proposal for a fixed price job and got an interview, but the client hired someone else.

Now, they'd like me to help with a different part of the project, but they appear to be having some difficulty setting up the contract (even though we've agreed terms for an hourly contract).

In such a situation, I'd normally use the "Propose Contract" option from within the messaging thread. However, because I applied for a previous job with this client, it's been replaced with "View Proposal".

The old job is closed and I withdrew the proposal, but that hasn't changed anything in terms of the options available in Messages.

Is there any way I can access the Propose Contract feature for this client, or will they have to do it from their side? Just wondering if anyone has come across a similar situation before.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Member

It sounds like you have yet to establish an official relationship (as far as the platform is concerned). Until you do, the "Propose Contract" button will not be available.

Thank you for your thoughts. As far as I'm aware, if I hadn't put a proposal in for their earlier job post and they'd messaged me after finding me in a search, the "Propose Contract" link would be there (as I've used it with a couple of other clients who found me that way). I thought it would return once I withdrew the old proposal (because the job is closed), but apparently that is not the case!

Ah, yeah. Seems like no code was written to handle withdraw proposal events with regard to the chat room options.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members