🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Payment
Page options
clau1198
Community Member

Payment

Greetings, I haven't used this website for a long time and I have two queries: 1.- What's the minimal amount I can withdraw?  2.- do I need to fill out any kind of tax form if I'm not from the USA: Thanks in advance for your answer

6 REPLIES 6
ArjayM

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can withdraw any amount so long as you have enough to pay for the withdrawal fee. You also have the option to set up an Automatic Payment Schedule which you will have a $100 minimum withdrawal amount. You can adjust your automatic withdrawal limit in your Get Paid settings under Edit Schedule. If your available balance never exceeds this limit, you can use the Get Paid Now button to manually withdraw your earnings at any time. It’s totally up to you. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

All non-U.S. individual taxpayers who receive payments on Upwork must complete the W-8BEN form to verify that they are not a U.S. Person, and are performing services outside of the United States. 

Completing these forms is required to prove you are not a U.S. citizen and do not need to pay U.S. income taxes. Without this proof, the IRS requires that we withhold 30% of your future earnings to pay for income taxes. As long as a new W-8BEN/W-8BEN-E form is filled out completely, we’re not required to withhold at this rate. You may want to check this newly released announcement for more details about Non-U.S. Taxpayer Information Reporting Updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

AFAIK, you have to submit a W-8BEN. Upwork does not have a minimum amount restriction. Learn more at: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001181014

clau1198
Community Member

Thanks for your anwswer but I'm having trouble entering my birth date

Did you try selecting directly from the pop-up calendar?

Yes , but I didn't achieve anything?

Try logging out, clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then re-opening the browser and logging back in. If that fails, try restarting your device.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members