🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Is there something wrong with my profile or p...
Page options
9ff08892
Community Member

Is there something wrong with my profile or proposal?

I have exhausted all my connects and still haven’t been hired, is there something wrong with my profile or proposals?

Kindly help check through my profile.
11 REPLIES 11
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Raise your hourly rate.  Seriously.  Put your bookkeeping skills higher in your profile. Change your title to something like "Administrative Professional/ Quick Books/ Data Analysis". Check your profile for grammatical errors as there are several.

Hello Mary W,

Kindly have a look at my profile, as I am having the same issue here.

Regards

Bright Eghosa - your profile is set to private.  Can't review it.

Lucy, your profile is set to private, too.

Hello Mary W,

I checked the visibility settings on my profile, initially it was set to *only Upwork users* not private, I am surprised you are unable to view it, I have changed it to public anyway. 

Here is a link to my profile as well

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Regards

petra_r
Community Member

Bright, your hourly rate is way (!) too high for your niche and the stage of your career. Your overview is about you, not about how clients will benefit from hiring you. Make your profile client-centric, not ego-centric.

Mary, Bright's profile isn't set to private, there is a bug in the forum software that inserts an underscore "_" into the profile url. All you have to do is delete the underscore and the url link works. Lucy's is private.

remove.png

eghosae
Community Member

Hello Petra,

I have adjusted the hourly rate, is that better or I still need to do some adjustment on the profile?

Regards

petra_r
Community Member

Bright Eghosa E wrote:

I have adjusted the hourly rate, is that better or I still need to do some adjustment on the profile?

As you offer phone support services, a voice sample would be useful so clients can hear your accent (or lack thereof - most clients want a neutral or UK or US accentbecause that is where their customers are and what their customers expect to hear).

You're in a very competitive category. Your profile isn't really standing out at the moment. What makes you different to the dozens and dozens of other applicants? What's your unique selling point?

lucyreid
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I don't get any responses to my proposals and don't understand how anyone gets work on this thing!

Lucy, all you really need to do is to be like The Godfather. Make a proposal the client cannot refuse. 😉

That, of course, requires:
- understanding of how the client makes money
- an idea of how they would make MORE MONEY with your work being part of it

Bring that up in your proposals and you'll do better. In the best case, your work is critical to your client's business. Which is why my clients are usually start-ups looking to make their first sellable product. No product, no sales. 100% dependency to me.

Bring something like that up categorically in your profile that targets a very specific segment of the market, and you might be able to skip sending proposals altogether (the invitation system here is unparalleled compared to any other freelance site).

Alternatively, as the not-that-desirable option, you can try to describe how they save their expenses if they worked with you instead of EVERYONE else. This leads to not increasing but lowering your rate since there is always someone else willing to sell their time cheaper than you. The one with the lowest living expenses wins, obviously.
tlbp
Community Member

Lucy R wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I don't get any responses to my proposals and don't understand how anyone gets work on this thing!

A lot of people don't. Freelancing has become increasingly popular with skilled workers worldwide. There is a lot of competition and freelancers outnumber clients. It is possible to succeed, but it isn't easy (and, there's probably some luck involved). 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members