🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Issue with posting a job--please help
Page options
amber-zygutis
Community Member

Issue with posting a job--please help

When I originally created a profile on this site, I did it as a freelancer, not a client. But I'm no longer doing freelance work and I want to hire someone to do a job. The problem is, I don't see a link to click on or anything when I'm signed into my account as a freelancer. I need to post a job ASAP, so I would appreciate some help.

5 REPLIES 5
kinector
Community Member

All you need is to create a client profile. It's different from a freelancer profile and you can have both at the same time. Yet, you can use the same credentials.

Many of us here have both.

But how do I create a client profile when I'm signed in as a freelancer?

First hit on Google with search string "create upwork client profile":
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067558-Be-a-Client-and-a-Freelancer

Would you like me to google more stuff for you? 😉

That was helpful, but now it's asking for a company name. I don't have one. Does it matter what I put in that field?

re: "That was helpful, but now it's asking for a company name. I don't have one. Does it matter what I put in that field?"

You can put pretty much anything you want into that field.

You can call your company "Amber Inc." or "AZ" or whatever you want.

Keep in mind that the name you pick is the name that will appear associated with jobs when you hire freelancers.

So... For example, if you called your Upwork company "Peter Jones," Then that is what freelancers would see as the company that hired them. They might call you by YOUR name. Or they might call you by the company name.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members