🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JOB DESCRIPTION POSTS
Page options
prince-mark
Community Member

JOB DESCRIPTION POSTS

Hi

Just trying to understand how jobs are vetted by Upwork.

1.I see many job postings with very vague expectations and requirements at the lowest rates but to apply its at the highest connects, how are job advertisers vetted?

2. Shouldn't, freelancers, be notified on job post if the client is responsive or not within 24 hours of the job posting, I have applied for a few jobs as a freelancer and to date more than a month later the job is still open, no hires no interviews, yet I paid in connects to apply?

3. Clients or advertisers are allowed to give a job score rating, as they feel appropriate to tasks delivered according to their expectation, but if the communication is not clear or you're expected to do more than you're contract or milestone agreement, they can in their own right disregard the freelancer as not being of quality, which affects the freelancer for future jobs?

4. Payment unverified - this is a red flag because the freelancer was warned in the job ad, why are these types of jobs allowed on Upwork?

I would think it's important for all parties on Upwork to be transparent, allowing better results, clear job posting criteria, connects relevant to earnings on a sliding scale, and payment verified before the post goes live.

Regards

Mark

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

wrote:

Just trying to understand how jobs are vetted by Upwork.

They are vetted by the freelancers, who then decide whether to apply or not.

1.I see many job postings with very vague expectations and requirements at the lowest rates but to apply its at the highest connects.

Don't apply if there isn't enough to go on and you don't want to apply to open the dialogue to find out more.

how are job advertisers vetted?

They're not.

2. Shouldn't, freelancers, be notified on job post if the client is responsive or not within 24 hours of the job posting,

What would be the point of that? 24 hours?

I have applied for a few jobs as a freelancer and to date more than a month later the job is still open, no hires no interviews, yet I paid in connects to apply?

Yes. That is how it goes sometimes. 

4. Payment unverified - this is a red flag

It isn't. It's a great opportunity to work with new clients. As long as you don't start working until the client has verified their payment method. But if you don't want to work with such clients, don't apply to their job-posts. Problem solved.

why are these types of jobs allowed on Upwork?

Why in the world shouldn't they be? They are allowed because freelancers and Upwork make a lot of money from contracts with such clients, and it would be absolutely insane to not allow this.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members