🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » JSS display disparity
Page options
toniolivier
Community Member

JSS display disparity

An odd thing is happening:

If I look at my JSS in the search results, my profile displays 88%.  However, if I click on my profile, it shows  92%.  The first impression will be the old score!

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Toni,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies and then double check if you`re having the same problem? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately that didn't solve it.

Cat Frustrated

Hi! Goran.

The lag in search refresh is real; I'm also experiencing that from my end - JSS displayed in search is JSS from 6 days ago.

And it's not due to my cache and cookies.

For the umpteenth time, please ask the Upwork team, the server admins, the load balancers, etc. on the Upwork team to make the info (not just the JSS) on the site update in real time and not every few hours or days.

The year is 2020.

Goran V wrote:

Hi Toni,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies and then double check if you`re having the same problem? Thank you.

Goran, it is not something clearing the Cache and cookies can solve. Barely anything ever needs clearing cache and cookies. In cases where it is a problem that clearing cache and cookies WOULD cure it, a simple hard refresh would almost invariably do too, without all the mayhem caused by clearing cache and cookies.

I've last cleared cookies and cache in 2014, after an Upwork tech whiz explained it to me and told me to use hard refreshes instead. 

THIS is a bug, I've noticed it on several profiles all week.

I appreciate your reply Petra.  I am always resistant to obeying the knee-jerk suggestion of clearing my cache.  As you point out, it usually creates more frustration than solutions.

Toni O wrote:

I appreciate your reply Petra.  I am always resistant to obeying the knee-jerk suggestion of clearing my cache.  As you point out, it usually creates more frustration than solutions.

Yes. At least a simple hard refresh should be suggested first. I have never, in all those years, seen an issue on the Upwork site that could not be solved by a hard refresh and that could have been solved by clearing cache and cookies. There may be such situations, but why suggest a nucluar bomb when a simple hammer will fix things? If the hammer doesn't, there is still time to try heavier armoury.

No killing cookiesNo killing cookies

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Toni and others,

We got an update from our engineers and they confirmed that they are aware of the issue with some profile information updating with a delay in search. They are working on fixing it as soon as possible. While I don't have exact information about the timing, this issue is prioritized.

We appreciate your patience while this is being fixed. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members