🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Description FAIL
Page options
ramm369
Community Member

Job Description FAIL

Im just sharing a thought in hope it reaches who can do something about it.

I've been seeing a ton of job postings that don't describe the job in a freelancer point of view,

making that you have to spend connects just to know what it is about.

Instead of describing every detail of what will be asked or what is required, they describe what the hired talent should be like and what socks should it wear.  

Could this be fixed by giving guidelines to Clients as they are about to publish, so that no more job posts die infertile and forgotten?

Clap if you agree.

Peace

Ram

5 REPLIES 5
tlsanders
Community Member

I've long been advocating for a "Not enough information" button that would (after a certain number of freelancers clicked it) notify the job poster that more detail was needed in their posting.

dataextract
Community Member

There is an option in the 'Flag as inappropriate' option : Job post is unclear or incomplete

Few years back Upwork took immediate action once we have submitted a report using that option. But nowadays I am wondering why they still keep that option alive. 

Having the option to report jobs creates the illusion that someone is doing something.

You'd think a handful of flags on a given job would at least cause it to be looked at my an actual person but obviously not. Jobs with obfuscated contact info on them, meaning that these aren't honest mistakes by new clients, just stay up and continue to be posted over and over again. 

Back in the day, it did. If you flagged something really bad and it didn't get taken down in a couple of hours, you could message 5-6 other people and ask them to flag it and it would disappear. But standards have changed. And Upwork proudly declared in a recent quarterly report that it had dumped  significant percentage of its staff to save money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members