🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Poster Wants to do an Intereview Outside ...
Page options
e6f6e498
Community Member

Job Poster Wants to do an Intereview Outside Upwork

Good Evening,

I'm fairly new here. I just started last week so I'm still figuring out how to get hired. Today, I was contacted by two job posters for an interview. The catch is, it's outside Upwork. It's either through Google Meet or Viber. Each message also emphasized that "quick response" was necessary. I guess if I don't act quickly, I don't get the job.

I always put a call-to-action at the end of every proposal I send that if they are interested, they can contact me through Upwork.

So when I suggested that I could set up an Upwork meeting to one invite I had today, the job posting was closed almost immediately - not archived, closed.

Is this type of invites legit? I seriously want to know. I also notice that it's one of those "we need a graphic designer to join our team" type of job posts.

Please share your thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are not missing out on real work.

Those people just want to steal money from your bank account.

JoanneP

Hi Cathy,

Communication outside of Upwork before a contract is placed is a violation of Upwork TOS. You can click on the option to flag the job. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs and this help article about how you can stay safe on Upwork.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
e6f6e498
Community Member

Thanks for the info. Joanne
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members