🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Posting needs to improve
Page options
458d419c
Community Member

Job Posting needs to improve

I hope that our job feed will be fix, those unverified payment cannot post a job posting.
Those with templated job description can be identify.

This is always my rant about the job posting, because we are a freelancer and we are legit worker. We don't want to waste money for connects that we are applying for those fake job. Sometimes you got interviewed but no hires on a job, why I am ranting about this?

I wil never get tired of saying that job feed will need to improve, scammers or fake jobs are everywhere that's why were here we don't want to just waste our money for a fake job posting. We are a job seeker and we don't have that money to just wasted it for fake jobs.

We're doing real job a I hope this will resolve in the future.

16 REPLIES 16
abixbg
Community Member

Too bad because Upwork WANTS you "to waste money for connects", so they can sell you fresh connects. 

458d419c
Community Member

Yes UPWORK wants us to buy more connects isn't this enough for charging us 10% fee for every job we did? And minus the .99 for every withdrawal

816bde80
Community Member

•  

I'm wondering if you are a bot, too. One has to wonder, when there is no profile, no photo, absolutely nothing.

e7b97440
Community Member

It's crucial for platforms to address these issues to ensure a trustworthy environment for freelancers. Improved validation measures and filtering can help combat scams, offering genuine job opportunities for legitimate workers like you.

Are you a bot?

458d419c
Community Member

I hope Upwork address these issue and care more about these issue, it's not only me that having this thought, many of freelancer wasted their money for connects than doing a real job.

Upwork has made their intentions quite clear.  They have embraced the unskilled, but hey they throw millions of connects, so who cares? They fired 15% of their staff, there is no Support, even for top rated, 100% JSS and all the other crap we are supposed to have, and it's meaningless here. Oh, but Upwork managed to get out of the red, after firings, that are never mentioned, for a quarter, so you know they are only going to go in deeper on having us be little employees, chained to a device, constantly refreshing and throwing hundreds of connects at every job. Employees with no benefits working for pennies. That is what is running this platform, and they are never going to let it go. I hope they don't fire more staff, for their sake, but it's the only way they have made a profit - ever.

Therefore, everyone needs to decide if their return is worth it. Everyone should be doing a yearly assessment, at the least. No matter how great a platform, never keep all your financial eggs in one basket. As an independent freelancer, always have viable options where you have your foot in the door.

If the management, had listened to freelancers, starting over a decade ago, the platform could function without prolific scams. There are simple, cheap, easy to implement, basic filters that can eliminate the most common scams, especially the phone numbers and emails for contacts, but they remain. Skilled individuals have offered their help for free, and it is refused.

Upwork can do what they wish, and they will. Everyone has to look at their situation, and decide if it is worth it to be here.

Speaking of chained to your computer, have you seen the new beta "meet now" feature which allows you to toggle whether you're available to meet now with clients for a consultation, and you have one minute (yes, one minute) to accept or decline the invitation to talk to them.

The blurb about it doesn't make clear if failing to accept or decline in that one minute will have any consequences for you long term, but I guess freelancers should consider investing in chamber pots to increase their efficiency.

The music fades in softly, a hum...rising... three long notes,                           

the theme from 2001...!

The takeover is progressing nicely.

The millions and millions of desperate freelancers, huddled over their devices, constantly, now, each minute, well actually less, each second, refreshing the pages, searching for more Upwork programs to add, more devices, multiple little screens, ignoring the headaches, group consults every minute, ignoring the vision problems, more fees to pay, refreshing, and the constant submission of "AI" generated proposals. 

When I told a friend about this scenario, he said it sounded like a sci-fi flick. I insisted it was Upwork's plan for the future. The future is now ain't just a marketing slogan.

The reason I noticed it is because there's a popup that I swear I can't make go away that overlaps the new job listings.  Clicking the more info shows the following info about the program.

You must be special 🙂 I can't get the same message.

Actually, no, I have not heard about this new program. When you learn about his kind of forced labor attempt in self-employment contracts, especially couched as a good thing for the ignorant freelancers, why do people think it's not happening? It's been happening, and so much is based on getting the desperate and obedient to throw those connects and apply for all jobs.

Perhaps mobile headgear to stay connected no matter where you go or "go." It could include a holder on top like those hats at fairs, for holding water, no wait, we will be required to consume only high-powered energy drinks and amphetamines to stay awake 21 1/2 hours per day. Maybe add enough vitamins and supplements we would only need to eat once a day. I'm sure the management and marketers have it all planned.

How are you privileged with this information? I did a quick search and might have missed it.

I'm glad you posted. It's good to know how soon we will be chipped.

Oh I agree, but what I just wish that it will improve more that's it. Everywhere there are scammers. wondering why there's always templated job post. I know don't rely much your money or work on the platform just strive on what you do.

But I just wish this could address more. Thank you Jeanne

I wish it would be addressed, too. It doesn't have to be this way.

There is a lot of talent here, going to waste, that won't tolerate being chained to a device. Of course, that number was in the calculations.

With so many great freelancers, something good will come from all of this. By "great", I mean people who are honestly trying to make some money with marketable skills. It doesn't matter how much money, how many jobs, etc. If you can find a way to make money, and sell that service online, more power to you.

Take care.

sajal36
Community Member

I believe various charges are on higher side. The best approach that looks feasible is to be selective in your selection on job post and proposal submission.

However, when you say job feed to improve then you need to select your filter correctly so that you can filter the job type that is not in your preference for e.g. as you mentioned "unverified payment". You need to customize your dashboard view accordingly to your liking and preference.

There are various ways you can filter the scam job post and mark it as spam.. I have observed that filter works correctly and feed improves after these frequent action.

Client is not hiring is always client decision and this is something I am also trying to understand. And most of the time, it seems a budget issue or prioirtiy change as they have identify someone else..

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members