🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job Success Score dropped
Page options
9bf545e3
Community Member

Job Success Score dropped

Hello,

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 78% and I just successfully completed two jobs were I was given good feedbacks and a five star rating. Yet, after my account was updated on the 29th, it dropped to 74%. I've been working hard to get my JSS back to 80% and I believe there's been a mistake. What do I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Rita,

Thank you for your message. Your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You’ve received poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

572 REPLIES 572

Hi Pradeep,

Okay Got It.Thank you very much for reply.

Thanks

Best Regards

Muhammad Waheed

3971aade
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

In the last two weeks I was not hired by anyone, but my JSS dropped from 100 to 96 yesterday, This seems totally unfair and I can find a lot of generic answers for the reason of JSS decline even without any activity within the last few weeks.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

3971aade
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

In the last two weeks I was not hired by anyone, but my JSS dropped from 100 to 96 yesterday, This seems totally unfair and I can find a lot of generic answers for the reason of JSS decline even without any activity within the last few weeks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Folowing... I got the same but I suspected a contract closing made the dirty job. So you didn't have any activity in the last 2 weeks?

bf914e27
Community Member

The Job Success was decreased, knowing that I completed all the jobs successfully

• Job success can be affected by various factors, including client feedback, communication, and project completion. Review feedback, address any concerns, and maintain clear communication to improve your Job Success score.
drrofa
Community Member

My JSS changed from 100 % to 88 % yesterday,
I was going to finish a project, and the client gave me 4 stars out of 5, today he modified it to 5 stars and told me that he rated the project as complete, Why did JSS decrease and When will the date of the next cycle change?

Private feedbacks uneditable. Also you cannot see it. Public feedback edited to 5+ mean nothing.

when is the next update for the JSS check?

Every 2 weeks.

Do you know the date of the next one?

You can find that on the "My Stats" Page

For example, you'll find [Last Updated Dec 10] under Client satisfaction

thank you

fr_guerrab
Community Member

Dear Upwork team.

I used to be a top-rated freelancer, and I had a 100% success score.

I've been working on Upwork for 5 years with long contracts and I've received high scores.

I've made a big effort to keep high standards of quality because, as a freelancer, your reputation is what matters most.

But now, the system says I've got a 76% score success based on I don't know what because if you look at my profile, nobody has ever left low reviews.

I really hope Upwork reconsiders reverting this change in order to protect honest, hard-working freelancers.

Thank you for understanding.

siddhantsapru
Community Member

Hello Support

I recently noticed sudden drop in my JSS from 95% ( Top Rated ) to 65 % .

In last 2 weeks

I applied 78 Jobs
3 Interviews

1 Ended Contract ( 5 star feedback, but technically its showing 3 star, the client has changed the feedback )

2 New Contracts

It came to my notice that there is some techincal issue with upwork is that the case with JSS as wel.

Thanks
Siddhant 

Hi Siddhant,

Thanks for reaching out. I can confirm that there's no technical issue that's affecting your JSS at the moment. Please know that your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

• You’ve received very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients

~ AJ
Upwork
036302c4
Community Member

I do not agree with the newest Job Success Score. First and foremost, some of my clients are not replying to my request for feedback, even after our work was done successfully and the client was highly satisfied (you can always check the messages between me and the client, to see that the client was satisfied)

Upon this, even if it is out of your control, It hurts my profile with this information being public, yet it's a LIE and it is not true.

Further more, I have 6 jobs in total, 2 of witch are completed and are with 5* rating and very positive feedback, and 4 are ongoing projects, from witch 2 of the jobs, have already left a 5* feedback, that is also positive. 2 of my clients, did not leave feedback, but I KNOW that they are satisfied and happy, because I have that in the chat between me and those clients.

I am trying to understand, how this thing is calculated as it is misleading and a lie about me, my work and my profile. My clients satisfaction is my #1 priority, and I went 100% with even PLUS and unbilled hours to satisfiey a customer. 

Again, all of my clients are satisfied and happy with our work together and collaborations, 4 out of 6 have left a 5 star rating and positive feedback, yet my job score is 43%?

Thank you.

Hi Ivo,

Please know that your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows, and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. Many factors go into your JSS calculation, including public and private feedback given when the contract is closed, the weight of the contract, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.
~ Joanne
Upwork
0dea62aa
Community Member

my job success score was 92% after one feedback with a 4.25 rating dropped up to 80%. I am sure it's due to an error in calculating criteria. I am much more worried that it may disappoint anyone being as freelancer. I hope that you will look into my matter and politely guide me.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/dhruvg7

8b9f619c
Community Member

I recommend reaching out to the platform's support or customer service to inquire about the discrepancy in your Job Success Score. They should be able to provide insights and assist you in addressing any potential errors or concerns with the calculation.

sanjay9793
Community Member

My JSS dropped from 100% to 80%, and I don't understand why. I haven't received any negative reviews. As a newcomer to Upwork, it's becoming challenging for me to navigate and sustain myself

Hi Sanjay,

I'm sorry to hear about the change in your score. We're afraid we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Your JSS can change because:

- You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- You receive positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.
- Jobs you completed in the past are"no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
83d93050
Community Member

Hello Everyone,
This is my first request I am using upwork since 8 months and this tenure I did 3 jobs, 2 jobs completed 2 months ago with 5 star and good feedback and 1 still in progress.
When my first 2 job completed I had a rising talent badge but this monday after 2 month of successfully compliation of the 2 jobs with 5 start feedback, my rising talent removed and my JSS came up 55% which is very bad for the like me who just joinned the upwork and had working hard to. get honest feedback from. clients.

Please help anyone what is that issue, Thanks
Sadqain S.Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 10.11.45 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-12-16 at 10.12.31 PM.png

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about your current score. We won't be able to comment on a freelancer's individual score or how specific contracts affect it. In general, a number of factors are considered when calculating your JSS, aside from your public feedback, such as the private feedback, the dollar weight of the jobs you've completed, etc. We won't be able to share information about any specific feedback, but you can check the explanation of how JSS is calculated here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
natashaabadash
Community Member

What is going on with JSS on this platform?!!! 

I've been recovering from an accident and have been in the hospital for months, to now enter my profile and see that my JSS dropped to the unbelievable 57%!!! Why? I haven't been working on any project for months. My last project was 6 months ago rated 4.2 which lowered my 100% JSS up until that point. 
Also, I can't find a way to open a support ticket anywhere now. The only "support" I get is infinite loops of conversation with the AI chatbot leading me to a link that allegedly I should have step-by-step guidance on how to open a ticket, which is actually a dead end and there is no such option. Can someone look into this, please? I've been contacting support via email, but I'm not sure they will answer at all.

Hi Natasa,

I'm sorry to hear about your accident and that your JSS went down. We won't be able to give specifics about why your JSS decreased but please know that it can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I am aware that Upwork doesn't care about explaining anything - however, it would be helpful if you could pull out at least one possible reason that can influence JSS that could be applied to my case. I haven't been active at all for 6 months. I have been actually unable to work due to my time spent in the hospital. Am I punished for my inactivity maybe? What is the problem to just say what it is? I won't cry. I promise. 

Edit: Oh, and please, I can read and comprehend. There's no need for the humiliating practice of copy-paste answers from you or any other mod. Please, be respectful. 

Yes, Natasa, we are punished for inactivity due to illness or other emergencies.

I have had my perfect score drop to 95% and likely dropping to the level where I lose my top rated tag soon enough.

You have be doing 4 of these things nowadays -- constantly winning jobs, constantly paying for profile views to get job invites, getting big $ jobs, and getting clients to close jobs and get glowing private feedback.

Fail to do any of these and good luck to you.

I am supposed to win jobs. How do I do that when invites have dried up and clients don't even view proposals anymore?

70% of the jobs I have applied to in the last 4 months have been closed without hiring.

I don't pay for profile views and now can't find my profile even on the 12th page of search for my main keyword. I stopped looking after that. Worst still, people who don't even share my niche skills and haven't earned more than $ 1000 in the entire time they have been here, feature in the top 3 pages. Some algorithm!

I can't even find myself when I search on first name basis. There must be around 200 others sharing my name. Guess what, I couldn't find myself in the first 4 pages, here as well. Didn't have the heart to go on. Weird enough, I found some Christines and Hasan when searching for my distinct name. 😂

Go figure!

I gave up on Upwork once my JSS and jobs fell into freefall. I am hanging on only for the 3 clients who work with me on various projects through the year. They prefer this platform to keep their workflow and accounting going smoothly.

I feel you Rekha.
Well... to tell you straight - I gave up on this platform. Simply because everything is and was wrong. Freelancers are the main culprit on this platform. They got brainwashed that Upwork is their "partner" with whom they "share profit", and by the very freelancers hanging on this forum ready to shoot whenever a different view or question comes up. Freelancers are working over the clock to convince you that Upwork is an unmistakable party and that the rest of us struggling are simply unqualified, unskilled and worthless. Freelancers are working in Upwork's customer service, answering your concerns and explaining to you that not everything can be transparent and disclosed and that they understand us because they are also freelancers. Oh well... that's a nail in the coffin for their careers but they are realizing that just now, if they even do. How cleaver of Upwork to hire their own "partners" to defend all of their wrongdoings. Now many higher-ranking freelancers are starting to realize something is wrong but too late. Many of us, not-so-successful freelancers on this platform, have been raving on and on about unjust conditions for many years. Of course, they were all fine until the boosting game started and their invitations disappeared. 
But to get back to the point - it's no use. Just go elsewhere. This ship has been sinking for a while now. Only higher-ranking people started feeling it on themselves now and the conversation is louder. But as I can see, they still can't figure out what is their contribution to this mess.

TL;DR - Since December, unannounced, they claim they changed JSS calculation to have public feedback in favor instead of private. Well - that is a lie. Freelancer agents of customer service still preach how private feedback is as important. Calculations add up to that story. The sad story is clients give you affirmative public feedback and for reasons known only to them they give the lowest private feedback. You can't know because nothing is transparent. And my private feedback paints a public picture about my business so I can't land another project. But clients' public picture is painted by public feedback - often unjustly glowing due to freelancers' fear of retaliation or not getting more hires. Super fair, right? Because we are pArTnErS.

70eff17a
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I wanted to ask why my Upwork profile has downgraded the success rate in the last week. and it goes down from 100% to 57%? Could you please let me know the reason, All my projects have 5 stars with good feedback.

Many thanks!!

Samina Bano.

Hi Samina,

I'm sorry to hear about your score drop. We're afraid we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Your JSS can change because:

- You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- You receive positive public or private feedback from one or more clients.
- A higher-value job is added to your score and outweighs lower-value jobs.
- Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.

You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
rxmdeveloper
Community Member

My Job Success Score went from 100% to 79%....I don't know what happened...It was 100% a month ago...I just check my upwork profile after 1 year...I didn't have any bad rating on my profile..I'm not doing any work since the last year...This is not fair...I don't how upwork calculate JSS..but this is really frustrating to me...

this artile will help you read this article 

don't worry it will get better, just do more work 

12b35c72
Community Member

Hi.all freelancer I can't get job with my platform when apply it needs connecting I don't understand and promo code please help

Henok Mulatu
3ca841d1
Community Member

Hi my score dropped from 93% to 53%. All my jobs I haven't gotten less then 4.5 stars. What could be the issue?

Hi Sekao,

I'm sorry to learn about the drop in your score. I'm afraid that we won't be able to comment on an individual score or how specific contracts affect it. Many factors are considered when calculating your JSS, such as private and public feedback, the dollar weight of the projects you've completed, and the long-term relationships with your clients. Additionally, your Job Success Score is calculated on rolling windows, and the highest score in this rolling window is your Job Success Score. You can find more information under the "Why did my JSS change?" section in this article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
samrazafar
Community Member

I recently closed a few contracts that had ended long back. My JSS dropped from 100 to 87 all of a sudden, I'm so worried. Can anyone please help. 

Noone can help. Upwork wont share own secret calculation with you. Freelancer know only public part from rules and only able to guess. You cannot know truth.

Keep working, collect more good fedbacks. It will help for sure.

d05f91b0
Community Member

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!!

I believe there's been a mistake made in the calculation of my job success score. It was previously at 75% after my account was updated on the 25th, it dropped to 73%. .
during the time, I cound no job. I mean JSS must 75%
please help me about that.

Thank you

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members