🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Job invitation
Page options
atulshandilya78
Community Member

Job invitation

Why I am not getting any response from the client. Am I doing some kind of glitch? Can someone review my profile? I am a member since 2019. Since then I have not received any response from the client.

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Atul S wrote:

Why I am not getting any response from the client. Am I doing some kind of glitch? Can someone review my profile? I am a member since 2019. Since then I have not received any response from the client.

To be really honest, Atul, you have been asking the same kind of question over and over again and had all sorts of responses. You are in a desperately overcrowded category and the majority of the literally tens of thousands of other data entry freelancers have a better profile. Your profile is poor, your only contract went wrong with poor feedback, and your English isn't great, which likely means that your proposals aren't well written.

I do admire you for persevering for two years despite not winning any work at all. Maybe give it one last push, read all the available material about how to create a great profile and write a winning proposal, but if that still doesn't work, maybe it's time to cut your losses.

Go through all of this Getting Started as a Freelancer and make changes accordingly

wellyreagan
Community Member

Hi Atul,

I've seen your Profile and I'm sure that my below suggestions can help you:

Profile Update:

1a. Your Profile Photo should be updated into a better one.

•  You should use more profesional outfit, as if you're having a formal interview.
  •  Your face should look fresh. You may want to wash your face before taking the photo. Morning time is a good time.
  •  Smile in the photo, show your upper teeth (google for more details on photos with smile)
  • Ask someone to take the photo for your (not a Selfie photo).

If you said you're willing to do unlimited revision for the jobs you received, then you should be willing to "revise" your Profile Picture quickly.

Bonus: You get to use your new photo on other websites and Resume in the future.

1b. When I read your "About" section, the nuance are gloomy and kinda "begging".

Although you may get Client's simpathy, but you're not getting Client's job in this way. Most Client usually prefer a confident Freelancer. So you should revise the wording into brighter nuance, happy, and full of confidence (even if you don't feel like it).

1c. on the About section, you might also consider adding 1 paragraph.

The content can be anything related to your work experiences, achievements, or how many hours you can do.

I know it's redundant with other labels/metadata on the Profile page, but it will give the Clients a sense of your English capability.

Searching for Jobs:

2a. Use the filters in the Search:

• Choose the "payment verified", "data entry", --> This will give you better Clients.
  • Also type in the search box the word "Data entry OR Word OR Excel OR Data scrap". The "OR" function will give you several results while maintaining the relevancy to your targetted job category.

2b. Then start monitoring the search and refresh it about every 3-5 minutes. 

(Yes, I spent around 8 hours doing this step before I landed my first gig here in Upwork).

2c. If a Job already have 20+ proposal, then better to look for other job with less proposals. In your field of work, if you're late to apply, then the chance are dropped significantly.

Writing Proposals:

3a. When writing a proposal, focus on the first 2 lines, because I read somewhere in community, that Client's preview of Proposals are the first 2 lines.

So it has to be "value-added" for Client.

- Don't just use "Dear Sir, xxx". You need to write what will catch Client's attention.

- Usually I put something like: "I have done a small part of this job in the attached files."

- Another example is the first 2 lines I used in this reply.

3b. For the remaining lines, you could write something like:

"I'm trying to re-start up my Profile in Upwork, so I'm willing to do this for $xxx and 5stars review.".  This should only be used for the "fixed-price" type of work.

I would not recommend this tips on the hourly rates work, since it might backlash you and even demotivate you if the job is more than 2 hours.

3c. Maybe it's not your profile being the problem, but your wording in proposal.

You can check on "My stats" to check how often is your profile being checked. If the view rate is low, then the problem most likely lies on the Proposal. I'm new to this community, but I believe there are lots of topic and answers to get your proposal better.

Wish you all the best,

Welly

Thanx well.

Atul S wrote:
Thanx well.

Thanks, Welly.*

amita10feb
Community Member

I am facing same problem from last three week

Applied around 30 jobs in last two week. no single message.

Whats wrong with my upwork account?

All,

From the last three weeks, I have applied for more than 30 jobs but no single message converstation. 

Is there anything wrong with my account?

I have no work.

tlbp
Community Member

Amita M wrote:

All,

From the last three weeks, I have applied for more than 30 jobs but no single message converstation. 

Is there anything wrong with my account?

I have no work.

Have you looked at the gigs you previously applied to and checked to see if they hired anyone? If so, you can look at the profile of that person to see how it compares to your own. It is possible to be fully capable of doing a particular task but still not be hired for it. There are many other freelancers (and freelance platforms) and each client usually chooses one. Some clients choose none. 😞

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members