🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Jobs asking for Fake Reviews
Page options
iamfreelancer
Community Member

Jobs asking for Fake Reviews

From time to time I have seen job post, where they need fake reviews on different platforms like eBay, Google and others. Also OF Chatters where freelancers has to pretend as the model to sell stuffs. 

I wonder if these are ethical and should be posted on Upwork because the whole purpose of those jobs are to deceive the general people. 

5 REPLIES 5
yofazza
Community Member

It shouldn't be allowed, they mentioned it where 'jobs that breaks other site's ToS are not allowed'. But, it's not really enforced. Even the Play Store Scamming Network operates freely here. Even you can now find freelancers declaring themselves as "app uploader". Maybe there are "fake reviewers" as well, haven't really looked.

e230e754
Community Member

Absolutely i agree with ur opinion .scams should be stopped.

PradeepH

Hi Naveed,

Thank you for your message. I understand the frustration but I'd like to assure you that our Trust & Safety team is aware of the problem and is taking it seriously. They are working to address the issues, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts. Feel free to check this post for an update from our Trust & Safety team and their efforts around addressing these issues. 

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Any  job which violates the TOS of another platform (Amazon, etc.) also violates the TOS on Upwork.  Flag the jobs and move along.

Absolutely right..

I am new here kindly suggest me few suggestions that i could find a job here on upwork platform

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members