cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs closed - no hire made - lost connects?

zbolton
Zachary B Member Since: May 20, 2017
1 of 26

I have had 8 jobs close in the last 3 days. Will I be getting those connects back since no hire was made? 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 26

Zachary:

If Upwork closed those jobs becaues they were fraudulent, then you will automatically get your connects back.

If the clients closed those jobs themselves, I don't think you get connects back.

zbolton
3 of 26

under archive it says "JOB IS CLOSED" i don't know how to tell who closed it, but I feel I should be getting connects back.

melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
4 of 26

Hi Zachary,

Preston is right. Connects used for a job will be refunded back to Freelancers if job is removed for Policy Violation or if a project is cancelled without forming a contract with any freelancer, the Connects used on that proposal will be returned for you to reuse. Aside from the notification if your application gets declined, you will also see if the client hired someone on that particular closed job posting under "Activity on this Job" part.

zbolton
5 of 26

Thank you for the response. I have 8 proposals that have been archived due to job is cancelled. I do have 1 job that says declined by client, which I understand. I should be receiving the connects back for those 8 jobs correct? Can you tell me when I will receive them back, is it 24 hours after job closing? Is it when the next billing cycle hits?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 26

Hi Zachary,

Please check your Connects History and follow up here if you don't see the returned Connects there 24 hours after the jobs were archived.

Untitled
zbolton
7 of 26

Thank you. I have 6 postings that show job closed and they are 1-2 days old.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 26

Zachary,

Please, note that connects are returned only if a job is closed without a hire. You can check jobs in your archived folder to see if the clients hired anybody on them. It looks like two of the jobs you've applied for were closed without a hire and connects were returned.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
9 of 26

@Valeria K wrote:

Zachary,

Please, note that connects are returned only if a job is closed without a hire. You can check jobs in your archived folder to see if the clients hired anybody on them. It looks like two of the jobs you've applied for were closed without a hire and connects were returned.

Is this only for freelancers with paid memberships? Because I have a whole list of archived proposals with no hires and never received connects back for them. I did get connects back for a job pulled for a ToS violation, but never for a no-hire, expired post.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 26

Jess,

It applies to all jobs and freelancers regardless of their Membership. In order for connects to be returned, the job has to be closed either by the client or by Upwork team with no freelancers hired for it. It doesn't apply to jobs expired automatically, only closed jobs.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS