🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Just want answers why I didn't get any job
Page options
d24fc857
Community Member

Just want answers why I didn't get any job

Hlo everyone,  

I am Ankitadevi.  I am new on upwork. Need some projects to complete and what to earn money. But i didn't get any work. I have sent many proposals  but literally no replies I got from them. 

I am a,

• content writer 
  • Article writer 
  • Blogger 
  • Translator (English into Hindi and punjabi)
  • Online typist 

Plz help me, I really need a project. 

It's my request to the other community members if any body have any solution for this problem then help me.

Thankyou, 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
elisa_b
Community Member

• $100.00/hr is too much, especially for somebody with apparently no experience.
  • "Basic" or "good" knowledge of English is not enough to be a translator. You have to master English at a high level (and this does not mean the solution is to adjust your profile with a different word. You need to know it).
  • For the very same reason, you should offer copywriting services only in your native language (not in English).
  • Your portfolio is basically empty.
  • Your profile consists only of 2 lines of text featuring typos.
  • You haven't uploaded a picture of yourself.
  • And something tells me you have not explored the Academy courses to understand how the platform works.

I would not recommend you to keep looking for jobs here - you will not stand the competition. And, most importantly, you are at a high risk of being scammed. Please read this:

To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pgregory_indigo
Community Member

I'm sure others here with more knowledge of these things will be able to help you better than I, but my initial impression, looking at your profile, is that it needs a lot more detail. A photo would probably help, and much more information in your profile, your history, examples of your work, give a little bit more about your experience and education that makes you a good person for the job. I don't know anything about translation services, so I can't say if your advertised rate is appropriate or not, but might be worth checking the norm and seeing if it is generally in line and if it isn't, either adjust it or give some justification in your profile as to why it is higher or lower than the average.

Hlo sir, thanks for your suggestions but I am new at here and I also didn't get any project to complete. But I still try to improve my profile.

Your sincerely, 

Ankita 

elisa_b
Community Member

• $100.00/hr is too much, especially for somebody with apparently no experience.
  • "Basic" or "good" knowledge of English is not enough to be a translator. You have to master English at a high level (and this does not mean the solution is to adjust your profile with a different word. You need to know it).
  • For the very same reason, you should offer copywriting services only in your native language (not in English).
  • Your portfolio is basically empty.
  • Your profile consists only of 2 lines of text featuring typos.
  • You haven't uploaded a picture of yourself.
  • And something tells me you have not explored the Academy courses to understand how the platform works.

I would not recommend you to keep looking for jobs here - you will not stand the competition. And, most importantly, you are at a high risk of being scammed. Please read this:

To all freelancers looking for help - Upwork Community

Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

d24fc857
Community Member

Thanks for your suggestions and I will try to  improve myself.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members