🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Logged 5 hours of work, turned in draft, now ...
Page options
e_greenlaw
Community Member

Logged 5 hours of work, turned in draft, now no response?

Hi Everyone, looking for a little advice here. 

I started an hourly project recently, never used the time tracker before but I did for this project. I worked 5 hours logged by the desktop time tracker. I turned in the first 1/3 of my work for review by the client. They said it looked good and they would get the rest of the data for me to work on "over the weekend". However, that was over a week ago now and the client is not responding to my messages. Is it safe to keep waiting? If they never get back to me can I request payment for the 5 hours I did work? How long should I wait? 

Thank you for the help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Emmaline, you don’t request payment on an hourly contract. Once work week finishes on Sunday, the client has 5 days to review your work and unless they choose to dispute it, the payment for the previous week moves from the “In review” tab to the “Pending” tab in your Reports page, and after the 5 day security period, it will be in the “Available” tab where you can withdraw it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Emmaline:

If this is an hourly contract, which is what your post indicates, then you must never request payment. You get paid automatically. Requesting payment would simply confuse or annoy a client.

With an hourly contract, I do the work that was requested by the client, and I send it to them. I don't send them SECOND messages. They received my first message. I don't pester them. They know where to find me when they want more work done. This is their project, and their timeline.

yitwail
Community Member

Emmaline, you don’t request payment on an hourly contract. Once work week finishes on Sunday, the client has 5 days to review your work and unless they choose to dispute it, the payment for the previous week moves from the “In review” tab to the “Pending” tab in your Reports page, and after the 5 day security period, it will be in the “Available” tab where you can withdraw it.

Thank you! I didn't realize that about hourly contracts it's my first time not working on a fixed rate contract. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members