🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Looking for urgent help
Page options
lemecptlx
Community Member

Looking for urgent help

Hi all,

In short i have worked (and got paid) with a Text to Speech company last year in a very large VO project....

Now they contacted me again asking me to sign a new consent letter as they have a new client interested in my recorded Voice....

What is the protocol here ?...Am i entitled to any aditional payment and if so how is it calculated ?

THank you in advance for you rhelp.

Best regards,

Thierry

3 REPLIES 3
spectralua
Community Member

Client will open new contract. Price is agreement. When you receive contract proposal then accep it, do work an you will be paid.

Thank you Mykola,

But it is my understanding that this transaction  (the selling of my Recorded VO Database) to another client will happen outside this platform (UpWork).

That is precisely my question....Am i entitled to any aditional payment for the use of my already Recorded VO Database from a third party client taht needs my consent letter ?

By default, work product on Upwork projects is the property of the client once they pay the freelancer in full for the freelancer's work:

Upwork Legal Center

3.5 OWNERSHIP OF FREELANCER WORK PRODUCT

Ownership of all Freelancer Work Product will be governed by the independent contractor agreement or employee agreement with the Freelancer, as applicable, both of which will contain a provision that requires a Freelancer to assign all ownership rights in Freelancer Work Product to Client. Upwork will not own any Freelancer Work Product. In the event that ownership rights in Freelancer Work Product arising from an Any Hire Contract accrue to the benefit of Upwork, Upwork hereby assigns such rights to Client."

I am not a lawyer, but I'd interpret this to mean the client can do whatever they wish with your work once they paid you as agreed and without owing you additional payment, assuming you and the client did not specifically agree to a different arrangement.

So, you may not be entitled to further payment by the client, but if you both agree to such payment they could make it via Upwork as a bonus payment.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members