🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low JSS
Page options
7a057797
Community Member

Low JSS

Hello, I was working on Upwork for about 2 months, having my clients satisfied with my work and giving me either 4.5, 4.7, or even 5 stars and awesome feedback, and all the work was done completely, when my JSS appeared it is 77%. How did this happen?

Additional notes:

- All contracts ended successfully when they offer me and I accept them, but not all of the interviews or invitations ended up being contracts or offers, Does this affect me?

- How can I overcome this problem as it destroyed my profile, reaching out to new clients became hard (I only have two long term clients, who came before this problem, how can I harness them to overcome the problem)

Thanks in advance 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3a49d474
Community Member

...having my clients satisfied with my work and giving me either 4.5, 4.7, or even 5 stars and awesome feedback, and all the work was done completely, when my JSS appeared it is 77%. How did this happen?

Public feedback does not affect JSS. But the private feedback does. Your JSS is low because the clients(Probably the projects ended with 4.5 and 4.7 stars) haven't given you good private feedback.  

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score 

Additional notes:

- All contracts ended successfully when they offer me and I accept them, but not all of the interviews or invitations ended up being contracts or offers, Does this affect me?

No

View solution in original post

663 REPLIES 663
modivishal
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

Almost 2 months ago my jss goes down from 100 to 93. after that I have completed almost 5 jobs with 5 star rating and my clients are also happy with my work, still my JSS is not increasing even I am doing great job with 5 star.

and It seems like my stats are also not updating I can see the same amout that I had previously.

can anyone help me  in this ?

salsham0065
Community Member

My top-rated eligible weeks did not increase this week, though, I have done three successful jobs and terminated those contracts. All the clients gave me five stars feedback. Could anyone please guide me to know the reason for this?

Sal,

First of all, your eligible weeks need to cover unqualified weeks. When unqualified weeks have been covered, eligible weeks will start increasing.

An image is going to be attached below pertinent to this matter: 

eligible weeks chart.png

Thank you for your reply. Could you please explain a bit more? Where can I find this table? 

Sal,

You can find this table here.  

Ever since I read about JSS and eligible weeks, I had this question. So even if your JSS goes below 90% for one Sunday calculated, you'll lose two eligible weeks, is that right?

**Edited**

Hi Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The calculations are evaluated every Saturday. If you're referring to going below a JSS of 90% for just one Sunday and you were able to get it back up in less than a week, that would only count as one uneligible week. even though the score is updated every two weeks, you'll only still have one ineligible week.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Md Nazmul Hasan, 
I currently completed 7 jobs on my profile and I got a rising talent badge also. As well as  I have to deal with 2 annoying clients within that period.  It has been showing for 3 days, my Jss was 67%. I don't know how it's dropped like this. I earned $600 within the last 2 months. but I'm really sad at this moment that no one hires me now due to that JSS score. Can you check my profile please please help me? I really want to stand -out on Upwork but unfortunately. I can't imagine, what's happened to my profile. 
Profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f4e232b70968204a

bello_afeez
Community Member

Hello,

I noticed that after the evaluation of JSS, it only updated on my profile not my stats which makes it difficult to apply to job that requires more that 90% JSS. Please kindly look into this thanks.

Hi Bello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
e871b4e4
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have done my 3rd job on upwork ,but JSS not showing in my profile.

Please help me to solve this issue

Thanks

I have read somewhere that the score updates every 2 weeks. That, and you might need anywhere from 5-8 contracts before getting a JSS score.
There are a few moer techincalities, you can read them here

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068358-Job-Success-Score

Hi Muhammad,

Not all projects and clients are equal, so the time it takes to get a JSS varies. In order to get a JSS, you need to complete:

• Projects with 2 (or more) different clients
  • 4 (or more) different contracts within 24 months

More than 90% of freelancers have a score after 5 projects, and nearly all freelancers have scores after completing 8 projects.

We exclude clients whose freelancers report a history of unreasonable feedback so that their scores won't count against you, but that may mean it takes longer to accumulate enough reviews to receive your initial score.

You can check this article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hey, I think the system might need some fine adjustments.

I have done quite a few projects and got my first JSS on Aug 7 for 88%. All clients were satisfied except for one who gave me 4.8 score. I mean, in the beginning, it needs to be more relaxed for newbies cause one client that didn't know what they wanted and was not responding and gave bad feedback had a large effect on the overall score.

Hi Armin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The JSS is working as designed. Please keep in mind that clients are also asked for their private feedback and that would be taken into account, not just their public feedback.

~ AJ
Upwork
debdip1235
Community Member

Hello,
The problem is with my JSS. My JSS was 100% just few weeks ago. It was all good and well until recently, my JSS suddenly dropped to 87%. No new changes took place in my account and even I didn't start or end any previous contract in that period. I thought that my JSS decreased due to an inactive contract so I contacted the client and he responded and ended the contact with a nice feedback. But that didn't help at all, my JSS updated today and it's still on 87%. I don't understand what's the problem, I was really looking forward to getting it to atleast 90%. Please, can anyone tell what's causing this problem?

Thanks

Sorry, It decreased further to 85%, probably the client didn't give 10/10 private feedback. Probably 7 or 8/10

5be99796
Community Member

Is is possible to take your JSS back to 100 mine is 87 right now

c_goncu
Community Member

Now the review is shown on my profile, but this time it did not effect the percentage of the my job success even the client gave me nearly 5 stars. Could you help me please?

Hi Cansu,

Thank you for your message. Please note that Star ratings are based on public feedback left by clients at the end of a contract as well as the size of those projects. Job Success scores more accurately represent a freelancer’s reputation by taking additional details indicating client satisfaction into consideration. This includes private and public feedback, long-term relationships, rehires, and contracts that do not result in work delivered. The goal is to capture a breadth of information not necessarily reflected in your star rating or profile. You can learn more about JSS here

~ Arjay
Upwork
c_goncu
Community Member

Hi, my last work was completed. I have problem, the review i took which has almost 5 stars did not effect my job success percentage. Normally, this review effects my job success percentage. Could you help me please, it is very important for me.

Thank you 

The star ratings don't count much towards your JSS, and anyway, less than 5 stars means that the client was not completely satisfied, and would have left a less than perfect private score as well. Two of your clients have publicly deducted marks for your availability, so it sounds like that's something you should be looking at.

m_acc_des
Community Member

Hi Upworkers : )

My Stats page shows 97% JSS but profile shows 98% JSS

Which one is the correct one?

Also, I just ended one contract in the last JSS cycle and here is the client "Public" feedback: -

"Mohammed quite literally couldn't have done a better job. I'm a (very) highly detailed person and I found Mohammed to be a breath of fresh air. Mohammed explained everything I asked about, sometimes even pre-empting the questions. He took our Quickbooks Account, got everything in order and handed it over in detail to our new Finance Manager. I really couldn't recommend Mohammed enough; he is extremely professional, commuinicates very well and attends all meetings on time (more than could be said for me!). I'm now going to use him for another business with another QB account and use him to audit our Quickbooks Monthly. Thanks Mohammed, really impressed!

I don't believe this extremely satisfied client would give me a bad private feedback to lower my JSS 1% - He even rehired me.

Any ideas?

Thank You.

There may be a delay in updating your stats page. Check it again later.

tegus5
Community Member

Hi there, 

I proviously had a 100% job success but it reduced to 94% after I completed a contract. But I was rated 5 star on the just completed project. I don't understand why it dropped to 94%... Thank you 

Hi Tega,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to learn about your JSS. Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello, 

I think something is wrong with my JSS calculation this week. It was 85%. And I closed two contracts after that, one worth $636 (a long term contract), the other $55; both with 5 stars reviews. But my JSS increased by 2%, getting it to 87%. How come? I saw from the article on JSS, that it is dollar-weighted. I feel the increase should be more than that. Not 2%

Pradeep H wrote:

Hi Tega,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to learn about your JSS. Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Check out this guide to learn more about the factors affecting your Job Success Score.

Thank you,

Pradeep

adobecc2019
Community Member

Yesterday my Job Success was 93 but today 86.....why. How to increase it.

Hi Delwar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Job Success Scores reflect a wide range of factors such as public and private feedback, long-term contracts, and repeat ones. You can monitor your Job Success Score on your My Stats page. Please check this help article for more information about what affects your score and what you can do to improve it.

~ AJ
Upwork
armine95
Community Member

Hi, 

Can someone explain why my job success score is 100% in "My Stats" section but on my profile it shows 96%? 

Also, you can see that my client satisfaction is 100% again, why my JSS is low?

Here are the "My Stats" section numbers 👇

Job Success score

100% Job Success

Clients who would recommend you
100%
Long-term clients
40%

Hi Armina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your JSS reflects your overall contract history with your clients and is based on your (or your agency's) relationships and feedback. We don't reveal the exact calculation for your score because doing so would make it easier for some users to artificially boost their scores. To ensure fairness and accuracy in the marketplace, we need to maintain some privacy with this metric.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thank you for your response!

But what privacy do you try to maintain if based on the "Private" stats, I see everything is great but the public score is low?

binenstock_ishai
Community Member

(Message removed by user)

benjamin-olivia
Community Member

Spoiler

I have had few job without feedbacks and for the last few weeks I have e had few Jobs about 5 with 5 star rating, luckily my JSS increased to 91% on this Sunday, only for it to reduce today Tuesday which is unusual, report from the stat page looks Jul 12, my long term client also changed

they should mention what was the reason of dropping the JSS. Some sort of graph or jobs which effected JSS.

You know, the weird part is JSS shouldn't change on a Tuesday....

614fe469
Community Member

Hi, Can you please solve my problem? I have completed 4 jobs successfully with 5 stars , why is my job sucess score is 64%?

Please solve this.

Have you refunded contracts? Ended contracts before any work was done? Ended contracts mid-work before payment? Have you asked clients to change their feedback?

ec0d25ee
Community Member

I have accpeted some proposals by clients and then they hired someone else for the work.Then when i looked at my job success it was suddenly 66 percent from 88 . And i have not completed any job during those weeks .What could be the reason that it got so low by itself

Hi Laiba,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Not getting hired does not affect your JSS.

Your JSS reflects your overall contract history with your clients and is based on your (or your agency's) relationships and feedback. We don't reveal the exact calculation for your score because doing so would make it easier for some users to artificially boost their scores. To ensure fairness and accuracy in the marketplace, we need to maintain some privacy with this metric.

Please check this help article for more information about what affects your score and what you can do to improve it.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members