🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low Payment for Big Projects
Page options
melaniedtt
Community Member

Low Payment for Big Projects

I am just shocked by some clients proposed budget on certain projects? A 65,000 word ebook for $200? Surely, there has to be some sort of guideline for clients on what budgets to propose? I've seen a drastic decrease in fairly-priced job offers on the platform. Or is this just me? 

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

So what?

If you see jobs that aren't for you, then ignore them.

Focus on the jobs that are in your niche - both in terms of skill and pay.

Do you think a client paying $200 for a 65,000-word ebook is going to obtain something that is on the same level as what YOU provide?

Of course not.

The client is probably not even looking for that level of quality.

bevcam
Community Member

There are a lot of low paying jobs in the writing field Melanie and I'd agree that there's been an increase of late. Particularly clients advertise for an expert without quoting a rate, but if you engage with them their expectations are ridiculous. 

For the most part, I just ignore them. You get what you pay for.

There are good-paying jobs too though. You just need to be patient and not accept less than what you believe your skills are worth.

tlbp
Community Member

Melanie D wrote:

I am just shocked by some clients proposed budget on certain projects? A 65,000 word ebook for $200? Surely, there has to be some sort of guideline for clients on what budgets to propose? I've seen a drastic decrease in fairly-priced job offers on the platform. Or is this just me? 

The guideline is called "supply and demand." 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members