🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Low proposal views
Page options
osamasonbaty
Community Member

Low proposal views

I'm new to upwork, so I don't really know what 'normal' is in terms of proposal views. I created my profile a few years ago but didn't use it. I updated my profile and started actively sending proposals since about a month and a half ago. This is my stats, about 10% view ratio. Is This Normal? I honestly don't know what this indicates. Bad proposal? because I'm new to the platform? What exactly should I be improving just to have my proposal viewed? I have a profile on another plaform with way better ratios than this.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ericaandrews
Community Member

Honestly: I would take those stats with a grain of salt because I have seen MAJOR bugs in those stats. Example: A couple weeks ago, I sent in a proposal, got interviewed, and  actually got HIRED off the proposal and the system registered that I had been 'hired' in my stats, showed me having 'sent' a proposal in my stats, but showed NO proposal views for that same time period in those stats.   Now, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  If a client interviewed and hired, that means the proposal was seen.  The system is full of bugs, and I don't really trust those stats too much.

Also, some clients get flooded with proposals and can't or won't open all of them, and then there are clients that just 'post stuff' and leave, who had no intention of hiring anybody anyway and simply 'abandoned' the job post.  Don't take it personal.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ericaandrews
Community Member

Honestly: I would take those stats with a grain of salt because I have seen MAJOR bugs in those stats. Example: A couple weeks ago, I sent in a proposal, got interviewed, and  actually got HIRED off the proposal and the system registered that I had been 'hired' in my stats, showed me having 'sent' a proposal in my stats, but showed NO proposal views for that same time period in those stats.   Now, that doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  If a client interviewed and hired, that means the proposal was seen.  The system is full of bugs, and I don't really trust those stats too much.

Also, some clients get flooded with proposals and can't or won't open all of them, and then there are clients that just 'post stuff' and leave, who had no intention of hiring anybody anyway and simply 'abandoned' the job post.  Don't take it personal.

I get what you're saying, it's just that it feels frustrating at times. Not only because of getting no work, but also because I don't know where to look at for improvements.

christopherbudde
Community Member

When jobs show 20-50 applicants I don't apply. I think that's well into the client burn out level. Try to get in quick. Better chance you will be viewed. 

Thanks for the advice! I will try to focus on jobs with less proposals for a while, hopefully it improves my chances.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members