🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Manual hours, client doesn't reply after work...
Page options
christina_writer
Community Member

Manual hours, client doesn't reply after work is finished

Hello, 

it's the first time I'm usung Upwork and I hope I can get some help here 🙂

I did some work (LinkedIn profiles and a Landing Page) for a new client last week. We communicated regularly over messages and he was more than happy with my work – but stopped abruptly replying after I finished my work and asked for his final feedback. And I know he's not dead, because he looked up my LinkedIn profile. 

He acted like the work is super urgent and wanted me to reply rather quickly untill I finished work. 

The problem I'm having now (besides this unpleasant behavior) is that my hours are manually, I told him upfront how much it would take me approx. 

He didn't make the needed adjustment to accept my 40 mins more (ok), but worst, my hours are in "review" and I get the imression he will just keep ignoring me. 

Is there really no protection for manually added hours in case the client just doiesnt accept it? 

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards

Christina

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Christina M wrote:

Is there really no protection for manually added hours in case the client just doiesnt accept it? 

Clients don't have to "accept" hours, manual or otherwise. They are billed and charged for manual time in exactly the same way as tracked time, the only difference is that manual time is not protected in any way in case that the client's payment method declines or the client disputes.

As with every other hourly job, the funds will stay in "In Review" until Friday midnight UTC, then in "Pending" for the standard 5 days.

In general, manual time is risky with a ne client, as you "could" end up not getting paid.

Dear Petra, 

thanks for your reply and your time. 

Best regards, 

Christina 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members