🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Manual time hourly project
Page options
edesignmk
Community Member

Manual time hourly project

Hi, I have a project with a client for a logo design. I have added the hours to the project from the work diary section, and my question is does the funds should be visible now "in review"? 
Should the client do something? Or I am free to send him the final files?
Does he need to end the contract? 

The funds are visible only in "work in progress" 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Should the client do something?"

No.

re: "Am I free to send him the final files?"

Yes.

re: "Does he need to end the contract?"

If work is finished, he can end contract.

Ending or not ending a contract has nothing to do with you getting paid.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ceefaeca
Community Member

If you added manual time in this week then next Monday client will be charged and funds will be shown under "Review". 

Right now they should be visible to you in "work in progress". You don't need to do anything nor your client for now. 

Also, please do check about Hourly protection by Upwork

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Should the client do something?"

No.

re: "Am I free to send him the final files?"

Yes.

re: "Does he need to end the contract?"

If work is finished, he can end contract.

Ending or not ending a contract has nothing to do with you getting paid.

Thank you for your answers! Does he will be notified to make payments, or he has already done? We have now completed the project just asking if he needs to do anything.

re: "Does he will be notified to make payments, or he has already done?"

He will be notified that his credit card will be billed automatically.

He does NOT need to do anything. If he is dead, you will still get paid.

re: "We have now completed the project just asking if he needs to do anything."

Nothing.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

Ideally, you or the client do not need to do anything now. The client will get an opportunity to review the hours and work.

If the hours were added manually, as you described. The client can dispute the manually entered hours. Manually entered hours are not covered by Upwork.

You should have used Upwork's tracker to track the time. I think you should submit the work and get the client's feedback, if there is any request for changes use the Upwork tracker.

tta192
Community Member

"In review" contains the time for the previous week. The time for the current week is under "in progress". You'll receive the funds next week. All that's required is the client to have a valid payment method. However manual hours can be disputed and you could end up not getting paid (so make sure to deliver enough quality per $ to keep that idea off their mind)

edesignmk
Community Member

Got it thanks! The client has verified payment, and he was happy with my results. I will have that in mind for the next projects. 

Hello, it's me again for the same project, I have added 10 manual hours on Monday 8/23, and I can see the funds are still in review. Does the client has 5 days to review the hours? When I should see the funds in the "Pending" section? 

Goran A wrote:

I have added 10 manual hours on Monday 8/23, and I can see the funds are still in review. Does the client has 5 days to review the hours? When I should see the funds in the "Pending" section? 

The client has 5 days from being charged. That means last Monday. Then the funds move into Pending tomorrow and become available next Wednesday.

Thanks Petra, so if I understand you well, I should see the funds in Pending status tomorrow (Saturday)?
- The hours were added on Monday 23 August. It's been 10 days since the hours were added. 

Goran A wrote:

Thanks Petra, so if I understand you well, I should see the funds in Pending status tomorrow (Saturday)?

Yes

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members