🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Milestone Conflict
Page options
568023ed
Community Member

Milestone Conflict

My 1st Job started on January 10th, It was a Fixed Price & Divided into 2 milestone!

1st Milestone was done and also paid, but the Client isn't funding new milestone and asking me to work. As it's my first project will it leave a bad impact on my profile if Contract ends or Client Leave a Bad Review?

Now Client asked to submit the work in just 5 hours!

The Client's is behaving in an inappropriate ways as of:

Sunday, 21 January 2024, 10:14 pm  (GMT+5)

Clients Message :

you're begging for a 1 star review

tell u what. proceed at your own peril. I'll post another af to get it done

you're not gonna blackmail me or hold the work hostage. you're not looking good for upwork at all.

do whatever the heck you want.

I'm done talking.

I'm not funding the escrow because you've proven to be untrustworthy. first you said 3 days then 4 then 5 then Saturday then you pull this **bleep**. all for nothing or are you incapable of finishing what you started

Syed Huzaifa

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
spectralua
Community Member

Client want works for free. You can reject. Ask to prefund and activate last milestone. Martina is right, it is correct way. If not then close contract as-is without second stage.

Yes, bad feedback will affect your rating. Also leave own true feedback for client where you can warn others.

You can report client's message. It is ToS violation where you forced to give works before milestone running. To do it click (...) icon at message and report. But your report will be ignored, Upwork dont care about.

568023ed
Community Member

For the another milestone I've Paid for Voiceovers also make 2 (ANIMATED) reels out  of 4 but didn't submitted on Upwork but send him the preview with watermarks.

I need a fair and effective solution!

As I've completed the half of the work, paid for Voiceovers, footage & Music.

Kindly resolve this issue in a best possible way resulting good for Client and Myself aswell!

Hi Syed,

Thanks for reaching out. I can see that you have requested new milestones. Please know that the client would have to fund them first in order for you to receive payments.

Moving forward, please avoid working without a funded milestone and do not submit work via message. Please use the "Submit work" button on the funded milestone so it can trigger a request to release the payment.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello, 

Thanks for the assistance! 

So yes for the First milestone I followed the mentioed procedure of "submit work" on funded milestone.

As for the Second milestone! It's not created, funded nor accepted my proposed milestone.

As I've mentioned that I've purchased voiceovers, Stock Free Music & Videos for the Animated Reels. Which was the remaining work

Can anyone from Upwork's officials reach out the client and ask him to fund the milestone and I'll submit the work. Which is best for both of us.

Hi Syed,

It is against ToS to do any financial transactions outside Upwork, including purchasing items or services for clients. Note that we cannot force the client to create a milestone and fund them.

Please avoid any violation moving forward as this can get your account suspended.

~ AJ
Upwork

Noted

The things I mentioned are the Voiceovers and Royalty Free Music which I purchased from Marketplace & now for future projects I'll keep these things in mind and will work accordingly!

Thanks Again!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members