🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Minimum withdrawal amount for Mpesa users
Page options
calebmwangi
Community Member

Minimum withdrawal amount for Mpesa users

Hello,

I started working on Upwork and set up my payment method 

(Mpesa). I knew to withraw funds from Upwork I had to hit the $100 mark but had never come across anytthing to do with minimum withdrawal for mpesa users until I started to initiate my withdrawal. It said, 'minimum withdrawal for Mpesa users is $600'. Why is this not showed anywhere else until the time when am about to initiate my withdrawal? I hadn't reached $600 but had surpassed the $100 Upwork's minimum and so I went ahead and processed my withdrawal. Am I still going to receive my funds? Please help. 

Kind Regards,
Caleb M.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Caleb M wrote:

I knew to withraw funds from Upwork I had to hit the $100 mark ,

There is no "$ 100" minimum for withdrawing manually, only for scheduled withdrawals.

You can withdraw whtever your available balance is, regardless of the amount (obviously only when you have more than the withdrawal fee) by clicking on "Get Paid Now" on the Reports > Available page.

If you were able to withdraw to Mpesa and the funds came out of your Upwork account, that note you saw probaby meant something else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Caleb M wrote:

I knew to withraw funds from Upwork I had to hit the $100 mark ,

There is no "$ 100" minimum for withdrawing manually, only for scheduled withdrawals.

You can withdraw whtever your available balance is, regardless of the amount (obviously only when you have more than the withdrawal fee) by clicking on "Get Paid Now" on the Reports > Available page.

If you were able to withdraw to Mpesa and the funds came out of your Upwork account, that note you saw probaby meant something else.

Thanks Petra. Something else, Upwork sent me a notification that my withdrawal was processed. How long until I get it on my Mpesa? Please

Hi Caleb,

In most cases, your payment transfers immediately. However, there are occasions when it may take up to 24 hours on weekdays or next business days on weekends. If it has been more than 24 hours and one business day, please contact M-Pesa. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members