🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Mismatch of accounts with same name
Page options
luienricoel
Community Member

Mismatch of accounts with same name

Hi everyone

I'm receiving an error that my paypal account mismatch with the upwork account. I dont understand exactly why, because I haven't change any of my names, either i had used a nick name before on any of both accounts. I tried twice to link and unlink the paypal account and still same issue when both accounts have exactly same name. So I'm wondering how i can have a solution for this issue, seems to be a problem with the platform. 

I will wait for your solution 

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Luis,

I checked and it looks like you have not completed the Form W-8BEN. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. 

To provide Upwork with your Form W-8BEN information, please follow the steps below:

• Go Settings  Tax Information
  • Provide us with your legal name and address
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Luis,

I checked and it looks like you have not completed the Form W-8BEN. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. 

To provide Upwork with your Form W-8BEN information, please follow the steps below:

• Go Settings  Tax Information
  • Provide us with your legal name and address
~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

I just solved this issue with the info you provided. I appreciate so much your help!

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members