🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Missing payment
Page options
abdsamupwork
Community Member

Missing payment

I withdraw payment using Direct to Local bank last wednesday 28 Aug , Still the payment is not arrived in my bank account. Since i am using upwork everytime i got payment within 2 hours. Upwork told me to wait for 8 business days for money to arrive. Now the twist is , i have requested another withdrawal today , just an hour ago.. and received in my bank account in Pakistan within 1 hour of time. This confirms that No holiday is affecting the payment and No issue with my bank account ...

I don't think the payment system is working as expected becuase its not possible that one trasaction is missing from 1 week and the one i requested today got received within 1 hour (As in normal routine)....

I fully trust upwork and i am sure they have processed the missing payment from their end . But my question  is where is the problem then ? Bank is fine , upwork is fine , ammm may be the banking partner (Transfast) is creating this mess ? I would like upwork to please trace the missing trasaction for me , becuase if new trasactions are coming successfully then no reason to wait for 8 business days to trace a transaction as i am 100% sure that the banking partner of upwork is holding my payment for no reason...  

20 REPLIES 20
tlsanders
Community Member

Abdul Sammad A wrote:

I withdraw payment using Direct to Local bank last wednesday 28 Aug , Still the payment is not arrived in my bank account. Since i am using upwork everytime i got payment within 2 hours. Upwork told me to wait for 8 business days for money to arrive. Now the twist is , i have requested another withdrawal today , just an hour ago.. and received in my bank account in Pakistan within 1 hour of time. This confirms that No holiday is affecting the payment

That makes absolutely no sense. The holiday is over, so obviously a transaction initiated AFTER it wouldn't be slowed by the holiday.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Abdul Sammad,

Monday was a banking holiday in the US so payments initiated last week could be delayed. Unfortunately, we can't initiate a trace for your payment yet, but please let us know if you still don't receive the money after 8 business days and we'll be happy to initiate a trace.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I also made a withdrawal today to my bank account at 9 am. But my account has not been credited yet. All of my past one year withdrawals were completed within hours. But this time something is wrong.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

I checked your withdrawal and the transaction is in process. Withdrawals like these typically take 3-business days to be processed. If this still hasn't reflected on your account after 3-business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
rahaali
Community Member

Came here looking for a solution to the exact same problem. 

Just like you, I initiated a withdrawal on the 27th of August. Haven't seen the money yet.

I also took a chance and withdrew more money on the 2nd of september - Received it in my bank account within 30 minutes.

The payment from 27th August is still missing, and the 8-business day wait is very frustrating.

Well they kept saying that there was a holiday in US this monday , Yes we know that but all pending payments should be processed first rather than holding our payments for 8 days for no reason and keep processing the new transactions, Total Mess 

I just made another withdrawal today and received it within hours. 

I still have hope that they will locate my missing money from the 27th. Ummeed pay dunya qaim at this point.

Don't forget to update here if you receive your missing payment , in case it shows up in my account , i will also update. Seems like we will receive after muharram holidays 

IA

Okay, thanks a lot for the update. Actually, this time the processing of withdrawals is taking unusually more time. As far as I can remember, not a single withdrawal I made took more than a few hours during the past 6 months or so. The funds showed up in my account almost right away. What got me worried more is that many of my friends have the same issue. 

Hopefully, Upwork will fix the system as soon as possible. 

Abdul Sammad, i received my missing payment today. Wish you the best of luck with yours!

Mee to has just received the payment , Thanks for sharing 

I have a similar issue. I initiated withdrawal today (18 Sept.) and I have not received any confirmation that my payment has been processed neither has payment being made to my local bank account.

Before now the payment usually drops within 18 minutes upon withdrawal but today it has been more than 5 hours and there is still no payment and no information.

I opened a support ticket hours ago but no reply yet. I also sent a follow-up message but nothing yet.

What do I do?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oluwafemi,

Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thanks for the info. I was expecting to receive a notification from Transfast that the payment has been processed before waiting for 2 - 5 business days for it to reflect on my local account.

Before now, I usually get a notification from Transfast informing me about processed payment and also about the estimated time (3 business days) it will take for payment to reflect in my account, but today I have not received any notification/confirmation from Transfast, so I think there is an issue with the payment processor.

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Oluwafemi,

At the moment your withdrawal is still being processed, once it's done you will receive the confirmation. Rest assured if you don't receive your funds, our team can trace your transaction after 8 business days. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

You just need to be patient. After a few days, the funds will show up in your account after the processing is done. My payment was processed wuthin 8 days. My friend had a similar experience.

So, dont worry. Your funds wont go anywhere.

Thank you, Abdul.

mark-carter
Community Member

Upworks payments and direct deposit are always screwed up in the Holidays/ Its horrible because you can not determine when or if you will be paid. And your traveling trying to buy gifts...ect. 

Mark C wrote:

you can not determine when or if you will be paid.

Seriously? You can not determine "if" you'll be paid? Have you ever not been paid?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members