๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป Freelancers ยป Mpesa Withdrawal not Received
Page options
Eric N Community Member

Mpesa Withdrawal not Received

Hello there, after more than 9 hours of waiting, I have not received my Mpesa withdrawal yet. What could be the possible problem? How quickly can this be solved? I am being told that the transaction was succeful from upworks end.

Eric

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Vladimir G Community Manager

Hi all,

I checked and it appears some of the freelancers who posted on this thread are using M-Pesa while others are using Direct to Local Bank withdrawal method. I'd like to reiterate that I'm not aware of an issue that would be affecting recently initiated transactions, all of which are within the expected time frame.

Furthermore, I can confirm we received a confirmation from some freelancers using M-Pesa that they received their funds. For freelancers using Direct to Local Bank, we'd appreciate your patience and expect you'll receive your funds within the expected four-business day time frame.

Regarding questions about the payment processors Upwork is using, we won't be able to provide that information and Valeria shared more information earlier this week on this thread.

Please do follow up to confirm once you receive your funds or if you'd like to receive additional assistance (24 hours for M-Pesa, 8 business days for Direct to Local Bank transactions).

As an additional note, our team is reviewing all the reports we're receiving and so far all transactions are being processed as expected. We appreciate your reports and will continue to monitor and communicate on this thread.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

119 REPLIES 119
Abdul J Community Member

Hi Jescyn, I received the payment after 30 days.

Datu Ismael S Community Member

Hello,

are you also having problems with the payment confirmation email? Please update me as I am having the same issue. They said I needed to wait for 3 days. before they can track the funds. 

Hi Jes,

Did you already get your funds? Please update.

Hello,
Its been 24 hours after I have withrawn my funds to my account normally it would take 8 hours and I receive a confirmation email that my funds is being transfred to my local bank account. And I get it in the next day. Now I havent got any email at at its been 24 hours. Will any body help me on this. Xmas is fats approaching and I have bills to pay I really need somebody to help me in this. I am really upset as this never happend to me before.
Peter U Community Member

I am experiencing a similar problem too. I tried to withdraw yesterday via the "Direct to Local Bank" method. This is over 24 hours now and I am yet to receive the money on my bank account. I have been using this method of withdrawal for more than 2 years and it usually takes about 30 minutes for me to receive the money. I contacted a support agent today and it was confirmed that the withdrawal has been processed. The agent told me that withdrawal can take up to four business days for the money to get to my bank. So I have to wait for four business days before I complain again if I don't receive the money.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Peter, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would like to confirm that Direct to Local Bank transfers is generally processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we'll assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings & Fees. 

~ Avery
Peter U Community Member

Thanks, Avery. My issue has been resolved. I received a notification from my bank this afternoon that I have received the money. But I noticed that the payment agent is different from the agent I normally see on previous withdrawals. I think that is why a lot of people are experiencing the same issue.

Jon Antonni E Community Member

Hi,

I have not received an email that my payment has been processed.

Thank you.
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Jon Antonni,

I checked and the withdrawal you're referring to was successfully processed on our end. Please know that Direct to Local Bank transfers takes between 2 to 5 business days. If it hasn't reflected on your account after 8-business days, please reach out to us so that we can issue a trace for you. You can check out this article for more information about fees and timing associated with the Direct to Local Bank method.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi,

I have not received any email yet that my payment has been processed. Please verify.

Thank you.

Hi Jon, 

I looked into this for you and can confirm that the email that confirms that your payment has been processed has already been sent to your account. Let me know if you didn't receive it so that I can look into this for you. 

~ Avery

Hi Avery,

Yes. I received it last week.

For this week, can someone check if my request for withdrawal was successful? I'm just puzzled because the system automatically sends a confirmation which is triggered by my payment schedule. However earlier, I didn't get the usual email so I had to go into the system and manually request for withdrawal.

Was there any change in my payment schedule? Thank you so much for the help, as always.
Bojan S Community Manager

Hi  Jon Antonni,

We don`t have any issues that are affecting your withdrawal. I can confirm that your withdrawal was successful on our end. Please keep in mind that it can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you don`t receive your funds after 8 business days let us know here and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Pius A Community Member

I initiated a withdrawal in the last 24 hours and it was processed by Upwork but I'm yet to receive the withdrawal at my local bank.

Hi Akhawini, 

I checked the transaction you are referring to and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions is processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and our team will assist you further.

In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees. 

~ Avery
Mohammed K Community Member

hi

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what's going on? I have withdrawn my funds last ( Dec 18, 2019 ) I receive an email that I have successfully withdrawn my funds. Normally it would only take 8 hours I would receive the second email that they are transferring my funds to my local bank. It has been more than 24 hours since I have not received it. Supposed to be today I have the funds on my bank.  I am very upset that this is happening since I have bills to pay and xmas is fast approaching and I am depending on my salary. Delay for me means disaster. I hope somebody can help me out with this. This has never happened to me since I started working here in Upwork. 

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Datu,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this is causing you. Please keep in mind that It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
Mohammed S Community Member

Its the same for me too, something is wrong guys, please have a look from your end..

For the past 2 years i have never faced this issue, i would get the money in the bank on the next 30-45 mins if i press the withdraw button. Its been more than 24 hours and still i have not got it ๐Ÿ˜ž

Something is wrong please check....

Oscar Q Community Member

This has happened to me several times before. 

Giuseppe S Community Member

Hi, I would like information about my last withdrawal request REF. ID 275322715 of 366.66 $, of 18 december as per schedule.

Usually I receive 2 emails, 1 with the start of the withdrawal as per schedule, and then after a few hours I receive another email where I confirm that the payment was processed with the exact amount in Euro.

With the withdrawal of 18 december I did not receive the email that the payment was processed.

Thanks

Giuseppe Sacco

Giuseppe S Community Member

Can no moderator answer me? I also opened a ticket with support, but they don't know where my money is.

The clients I work with are very upset about this because they paid, but I received nothing.

My bank has checked and there is no bank transfer coming into my account.

I point out that my payment has not been processed and in fact I have not received any confirmation email.

I'd like to know one thing: if the money isn't on the Upwork account, now where is it ???? 

That is actually what happen to me as well, not having a payment
confirmation email means upwork was not able to process the funds to be
transfred to our local bank. Funny things is they say we wait. Like they
are not thingking that we need the fund to pay the our bills and xmas is
fast appriaching. A decent answer will be better than using all those
rebuttals for 8 days wait.
Chirag P Community Member

Hi,

I transfer payment from upwork on 6th Dec but still not received payment in my bank account. I transferred it via direct bank transfer.

Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Chirag,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with tracking your transaction. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members