🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Multiple upwork accounts on same system worki...
Page options
b7c31ac1
Community Member

Multiple upwork accounts on same system working with same client

Good Day! 

This is Saif, I am a Top Rated Certified Meta (Facebook & Instagram) Ads Expert on Upwork. I have pretty well relations with a few of my clients and sometimes they ask me to look for talent in my circle that I do have in my office.

I want to make sure that I am following the upwork's policy, and I was finding the answer to this question of whether is it fine 

to operate Multiple (Different Persons) Accounts on the Same Computer with the same IP if they are also working or worked with the same Client as if I want to refer the client to my colleague who's only allowed to operate the account on the same device with the same Internet, Is it fine? 

I hope that this won't be an issue if every person is using their own account but has the same IP with the same client at once or previously worked with the client.

As Per Upwork It is not a violation to share the same IP address and computer/laptop with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person.

Link: @https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Two-different-person-account-and-use-same-internet-connection/m-p/596524#:~:text=It's%20okay%20for%20multiple%20Upwork,the%20work%20and%20track%20time.

I will be waiting for the feedback!

Thank You

Best Regards,

Saif Ullah

Meta Certified Ads Expert

Saif Ullah
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Saif Ullah Tariq,

Sharing your computer with another Upwork user is allowed. To ensure you comply with the Upwork Terms of Service, make sure you are completely signed out of your Upwork account before the next person starts their work. Just make sure that login information is not shared and that each user logs into their respective account to do the work and track time. If the team finds any suspicious activity regarding your accounts, you may be asked to undergo ID verification to confirm that you do not have duplicate accounts. To learn more about this, check out this guide.

Also, please note that you may not hire friends or family members due to conflict of interest. However, if you would like a friend or family member to assist you with a freelance project for a client, you might consider setting up an agency. You can learn more about agencies here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Saif Ullah Tariq,

Sharing your computer with another Upwork user is allowed. To ensure you comply with the Upwork Terms of Service, make sure you are completely signed out of your Upwork account before the next person starts their work. Just make sure that login information is not shared and that each user logs into their respective account to do the work and track time. If the team finds any suspicious activity regarding your accounts, you may be asked to undergo ID verification to confirm that you do not have duplicate accounts. To learn more about this, check out this guide.

Also, please note that you may not hire friends or family members due to conflict of interest. However, if you would like a friend or family member to assist you with a freelance project for a client, you might consider setting up an agency. You can learn more about agencies here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members