🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Client Prefers Paper Invoice
Page options
zjay10
Community Member

My Client Prefers Paper Invoice

My client is a relatively new firm and does not have an electronic payment method. Their admin department bills all expenses through paper invoices. Thoughts on how to approach this situation? Does Upwork support this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

If they have no electronic payment method they can't be a client on upwork. 

It is fine if they send out paper invoices to their customers, but that is not your problem. They can print out upwork invoices for their bookkeeping, but as I said, if they have no credit card or anything like that, they can't pay on upwork. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
martina_plaschka
Community Member

If they have no electronic payment method they can't be a client on upwork. 

It is fine if they send out paper invoices to their customers, but that is not your problem. They can print out upwork invoices for their bookkeeping, but as I said, if they have no credit card or anything like that, they can't pay on upwork. 

ericaandrews
Community Member

The client cannot pay you over Upwork using paper invoices. They have to use an electronic payment method on Upwork or cannot pay you on Upwork.  If they pay you OUTSIDE of Upwork, through other means, such as paper invoices, both you and the client will be violating the Upwork terms of service

turbocro
Community Member

This literally scream "SCAM" all over.. Really, a company that does not have credit card,  nor internet banking ? Run...

zjay10
Community Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Doesn't seem like clients without payment methods on file should be able to post jobs to save headaches like this from happening. 

It does not matter if the client is a scammer or 100% honest.

Upwork requires that all payments go through Upwork.

If a freelancer is caught doing something else, the freelancer will be suspended or terminated.

Agreed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members