cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Legal name is changed. hence, my ID proof and bank name is also changed.

kalthiyanirmal
Marmik K Member Since: Feb 19, 2020
1 of 5

Hello There,

Recently, I have changed my Legal name in India. My First name is changed from 'Nirmal' to 'Marmik'.

Also, my Government IDs and Bank account also have this change. so, with the old name, I won't be able to withdraw any payments. 

So, Can I change my First name on my Upwork profile and update the bank account details? Will that make any issue on my profile? and what will be the verification process for the same?

Looking forward to suggestions. 

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 5

Hi Nirmal,

You can submit a name change request at any time by going to Settings > Contact. If any additional information is needed our team will reach out to you directly via ticket with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kalthiyanirmal
3 of 5

Thanks, Goran for your response.

I would like someone from the Upwork team to review this before I make any changes. If someone can review this change for me and confirm whether it will make any issues or not. I just don't want to lose this account for any such reasons. 

Is that possible?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 5

Hi Nirmal,

Rest assured, you won't have any problems with your account. If any additional verifications are needed, our team will also reach out to you and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kalthiyanirmal
BEST ANSWER
5 of 5

Goran,

Thank you for your response.

I have finally submitted a Name change request. It is under review. 

Let's see how it goes. will close this chain once it is completed. 

Thanks again. 

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS