🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Profile status
Page options
studiovela
Community Member

I've been Top Rated for a month, why are the weeks not changing

I've gone back to sitting at a 90% Top Rated status for a month now (from 88% before) and the Top Rated weeks went from sitting at 5 weeks last month to 4 weeks all this month. Wouldn't that change at lease one week to start adding up again?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

I am happy to let you know that the specific issue that was causing discrepancies with Top Rated eligible weeks discussed on this thread has been fixed. We will be closing this thread from further replies. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

480 REPLIES 480
petra_r
Community Member

Fahim N wrote:

One more thing is that, It became 89% today. Should I send upwork an email to remove that today or do I need to wait for anything?

Read up on it via the link I provided on how use your top rated perk-

hey i just want to know i have completed the criteria of top rated badged ... just curisous know now i am eligbile now or i need something achieve extra for this ? 

Thank you for patiently waiting as our team looked into this further, Avishek. 

The Customer Support Team has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern. Please don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread if you have further questions. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Upwork Community,

I see my top-rated eligible week is not changed this week. I have an hourly contract and I have been earning every week as well as I have earned 3000+ for the last 12 months. My job success score is 85% for the last two weeks. Although my top-rated eligible week is the same as last week.

My profile views were 13 last week and this week it shows 7. So, I want to know that is profile views are doing a problem for increasing top-rated eligible week.

Please let me know if anyone has the solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Mohammad Arifur Rahman

Mohammad Arifur R wrote: I see my top-rated eligible week is not changed this week

Your top rated weeks will go down, not up, as your JSS is no longer above 90%. Only weeks with a JSS of 90% or more are eligible weeks.

The profile visibility in searches is rotated, but the better your metrics, the more highly you appear in searches. If your JSS has recently fallen, this may well have an effect on the search results.

Hi Mohammad,

I checked and it looks like your Top Rated Eligible Weeks calculation is correct. You have to look at the eligibility weeks as a rolling 16-week window. In order for the count to increase, you must be eligible this week, but not have been eligible 17 weeks ago (Eligible Weeks count would go up by one). Please check the graph included in this help article and refer to the information shared in the 'Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks' section. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I was going at 100% JSS and it showed on "my stats" before the update this Sunday, today that "top-rated eligible weeks 11 out of 16" 

However when the JSS was updated this Sunday the JSS has been updated to 89% due to one contract ended by the client which was unbelievably abrupt, but what can you do. I will be disputing it any way as it was ended once we had completed the entire website.

But anyway, does that mean that I have to start all over again now for the above 90% threshold and the eligibility weeks?

Thank you in advance to everyone who helps, this forum is amazing and I love the friendly and helpful atmosphere, it almost feels like a family. 

Hasan M wrote:

I will be disputing it any way as it was ended once we had completed the entire website.

There is nothing to dispute. Feedback can't be disputed in virtually all cases.

Hasan M wrote:

But anyway, does that mean that I have to start all over again now for the above 90% threshold and the eligibility weeks? 

It means that you need to get your JSS above 90% asap. You don't have to start from 0 weeks obviously, but in an ideal world you want to get to 90% or better at the next update so you limit the number of non-eligible weeks you are adding to your 16 week window.

Thank you Petra
So just to be clear if my stat says that eligible weeks are 11/16
That means I have to have at least 2 more weeks as "eligible" from the remaining 5?

Is that correct

Hello,

I was recently well past week 12 on my Top Rated eligible weeks status. I then had 2 feedback ratings that were 4 star and that got me below the 90% job success score. My top-rated weeks stopped counting. The reason I am posting this is because I do not understand why after some time, my top-rated eligible weeks went back all the way to 0! I had been trying to get back to over over 90% but now am back to the very start. Seems very unfair. Someone assist please 

If I understood it correctly, you need 13 of the last 16 weeks to get the badge. Not 13 weeks ever. So, if you have not fulfilled all the requirements for any week in the last ~4 months, you will have 0 of 16.

Only the newest records count for the top rated. To get back up, you need to start from 0, go back up above 90% and keep accumulating elligible weeks until you reach 13.

Hi Antony, 

For the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start growing, provided you meet the requirements. If a suitable week falls off the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Avery
Upwork

Lwet me know when i will be top rising star ? ( u have good review almost still when i will achieve, i have read ur blog but i cudent get anything  )

Abhishek G wrote:

Lwet me know when i will be top rising star ? (

There is no such thing as "Top Rising Star"

There is "Rising Talent" which you can't get because you have a JSS, and there is Top Rated which you don't qualify for, as you need to have earned $ 1000 or more during the last 12 months, and you need to stay at a JSS of over 90% for a minimum of 13 out of the last 16 weeks.

Hello seniors

My Job Success Score is 94%

My 12-month earnings are $2,162.12

Clients who would recommend me is 90%

Top Rated eligible weeks is 12 of 16

May I know when I will get the top-rated badge on my profile?

TIA
M. Amri Cassim

petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:

May I know when I will get the top-rated badge on my profile?

When you have fulfilled all the requirements. One of them is 13 eligible weeks

f63617d3
Community Member

Am I fulfilled the other requirements?

I have done all of criteria for top rated badge but still can't get. I still didn't get rising talent 

Hi Khadija,

Please know that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Looks like the reason why you still haven't received the Top Rated badge, is because there is a non-eligible week within the total number of weeks for your calculation. In order for the number of eligible weeks to increase, your non-eligible weeks will need to be "pushed out" of the past 16-weeks. Once this happens, the number of eligible weeks will start increasing, provided you meet the requirements. If an eligible week falls off of the calculation each week, the total number of eligible weeks won't increase. You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi there,

It's almost 7 and more months completed to working in upwork platform.I am not able to understand the policy of badges. I did'nt get the rising talent nor the top rated badge yet even my performance is quite good during this timeline. Please let me know where my profile is lacking.

Here is my stats

My Stats.png

You are lacking top rated eligible weeks, clearly seen on you stats page. Since you have a JSS, you can't be rising talent. 

Hi Martina,

thanks for reply. but what is the criteria of top rated eligible weeks, it's stuck since too long and i don't have any clue why?

Hello Niraj,
You will get upwork top rated badge soon. But your Job Success Score of at least 90% for at least 13 of the last 16 weeks. So, still you need to wait next 7-8 weeks for the TOP Rated Badge.
Thanks.

Hi Masud,

Where i can see the number of past weeks in which i had 90% success rate?

Niraj, Check your first screenshot. Your Job success score is already have 92%. Now you need to take job success score minimum 90% to next 7-8 week. Then you will get the badge.

On First screenshot you will see how many week you passed. Follow the Top Rated eligible week 6 out of 16.

Hello, I am seeing from the last 2 months that my earning and my weeks for top-rated are not increasing even I am earning on daily basis via hourly and payments also not increasing 

Hi Muhammad,

I can confirm that the earnings on your "My Stats' page are reflected accurately. In addition, please note that in order for the eligible weeks to increase, you would have to meet the eligibility requirements each new week while non-eligible weeks fall off the calculation. Please check the 'Calculating Top Rated Eligible Weeks' section of this help article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dev2900
Community Member

Hi everyone,

In Calculating Top Rate Eligible Weeks section, it is declared that the count is updated every Saturday. Today is Monday, but my weeks are still 12/16 which I am waiting it to be 13/16.

dev2900_0-1638782086507.png

Thanks for the help.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdulsamet,

If you have had a week where your JSS was lower than 90%, the non-eligible week will need to fall out of the count so that your Top Rated eligible weeks start increasing again. 
To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

thanks for quick reply.But the problem is my JSS is still 100% and not lower than 90%. I mean that 2 week ago the count was 11, and last Sunday it increased to 12 with the JSS 100% and this week while my JSS is still same (100%) the count didn't increased to 13.

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Abdulsamet,

I checked this with our team and can confirm that everything is working as designed. Since you've had a few weeks with a JSS below 90% your Top Rated weeks will not increase until the weeks where you were not eligible fall out of the count. For more details please refer to the guide I've shared in my previous post. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

3 weeks more passed since my eligible weeks was 12 and still nothing chanced. Is it possible for me to learn how many weeks left to become a top-rated?

Thanks.

Hi Abdulsamet,

I would like to clarify that neither our team here nor our Customer Support team will be able to provide the information you're requesting since we can't share the users' Top Rated qualification specifics.

~ Nikola
Upwork
dev2900
Community Member

Hi again Nikola,
5 weeks are passed since I write a comment to this topic and my weeks are still 12 of 16. I don't remember that I had 5 weeks that my JSS was under %90. Could you please help me about it?

petra_r
Community Member

Abdulsamet K wrote:

5 weeks are passed since I write a comment to this topic and my weeks are still 12 of 16. I don't remember that I had 5 weeks that my JSS was under %90. Could you please help me about it?

You don't need 5... Only 4 (it is a 16 week window)

It will stay at 12 out of 16 for 13 weeks altogether. (see the pink "12 out of 16" weeks in this graphic)

eligible.jpg

Hello everyone,

I need clarification on this.

My top-rated eligible week has been increasing for weeks now but it hasn't moved this week. What could be happening?

I have 100% JSS presently, and my profile completeness is 100%.

Hi Wale,

Rest assured, everything is working as designed. Since you've had some weeks where you've had below 90% JSS, your Top Rated eligible weeks will not increase. Once your weeks were you were not eligible, fall out of the count your Top Rated eligible weeks will increase again. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello there!

I have been working as a contractor on Upwork for about 6 months , I got my rising talent badge very early and now my earnings are above 1k$ , also I have my top rated eligible weeks 16/16 since a week but my top rated badge has not been updated on my profile uptil now , is there anything that I am missing or is there any other criteria for Rising talent badge holders to become top rated? Experts please guide.

Thanks and regards

Hi Anum, I believe you will need to land a few more successful contracts so that your JSS shows up above 90%. Then your Top-Rated badge will appear after that.

Here are the requirements to get your JSS on your Profile:

JSS.JPG

You are doing great so far, wish you the best of luck!

I hope this helps!

Alright! Thank you.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members