🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Stats "Clients who would recommend you" st...
Page options
ericaandrews
Community Member

My Stats "Clients who would recommend you" statistic hasn't changed in over a year

My Stats:  "Clients who would recommend you" question

Do any of the more seasoned freelancers know how this score is calculated by Upwork?   All my other numbers 'update' reglarly, but this one never changes.

Mine has stayed at exactly 88% for well over year, regardless of how many contracts I've completed with 5 star reviews, etc.  I know clients can leave negative 'private' feedback AND leave positive 'public' feedback, but even that doesn't account for this issue.

The MATH doesn't even  'make sense':

I have 11 closed contracts, and under no scenario, can I come up with exactly  '88%'   that would recommend me.

If 1 client 'privately' said they wouldn't recommend me, that's 10 out of 11 that would, which is 90.9%

If 2 clients 'privately' said they wouldn't recommend me, that is 9 out of 11 that would, which is 81.8%

90.9% != 88%  and 81.8% != 88%

So, where is 88% coming from and how did it get 'stuck' in my stats for over a year no matter how many contracts I complete?   Is there a 'glitch' in the Matrix?

Do any of the more seasoned freelancers know if there's some magic  'alternative math' that Upwork uses to create this calculation?  

Sorry for all of the 'numbers', but I earn my living in a technical field, and when math stops being math, I get very concerned.

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members