🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My Upwork profile is not indexing on google
Page options
35dd09a5
Community Member

My Upwork profile is not indexing on google

Hi Upwork team! My Upwork profile is not indexing on google anymore- even when I search for my name + Upwork. It was indexing 2 days ago on the front page when I just searched for my name. It disappeared from google after I upgraded my membership and the url for my profile changed. Is there a setting I need to switch? (My profile is set to public, so not sure what else it could be)
Also, when I browse project management freelancers on the Upwork system and filter on Israel, and order the rate from high to low, I am not listed. (Though I do show up if you search for me specifically)
Thank you for your help as it is critical for my profile to index and be browsable.
4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Liat, 

Since you updated your profile link, it may take some time for Google to index this new link into the search results. The same goes for the Upwork marketplace search results. 

Although I would like to note that results vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

~ Avery
Upwork
35dd09a5
Community Member

Makes sense! Thanks for the response.

My Upwork profile is also not indexing on google and upwork search engine?
My profile visibility set to public but still not visible

Hi Rasel,

As your profile visibility is already set to public, your profile should be indexed on Google, but it's up to the crawlers when will they update the search index so please allow more time for that to happen. Regarding the Upwork search, I checked and managed to find you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members