🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My VAT ID is getting Rejected
Page options
4ba8cabc
Community Member

My VAT ID is getting Rejected

Hi,

I live in The Netherlands and recently got my VAT ID issued. It is getting rejected and I have no idea why as the email from support is quite vague and on a no-reply address, and also, doesn't provide more details. I have been unable to reach anyone from Upwork for quite some time now. If any proof is needed, I am happy to provide that, but I need to resolve this issue ASAP.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Pooja,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your VAT ID. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
54u
Community Member

I'm encountering the same issue. I have an IT VAT from much time and everything worked fine, I always followed tax rules and procedures.

During these days Upwork is asking me a VAT and it is rejecting my IT VAT as it is not recognized as EU VAT. I do not have EU VAT, but for my country tax rules it seems it isn't necessary, as when I earn from Upwork, I withdraw money directly from Upwork, it is based in USA, not in EU. Everything worked fine until now.

Morover, today when I clicked on my support tickets list, a pop up appear from upwork.zendesk.com asking access credetials again while I'm logged in.

I'm waiting too someone that can help and clarify about that.

Thank you in advance.

Osea

Hi Osea,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern, and you've been actively communicating with the support team. If you're having trouble accessing your ticket, you may also try replying from the email associated with your account. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
54u
Community Member

Thank you Luiggi, I received the support, thank you.

If I need something else I will ask again.

Osea

LuiggiR

Hi Pooja,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your VAT ID. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0a6b05b5
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I have a valid VAT ID, yet it keeps getting rejected. I can't raise a support ticket for some reason, I don't find where to do that and the chatbot does not help either.

Hi Zsolt,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

And again. My VAT ID was finally Approved for my freelancer profile, after the 20th attempt. Now I have created an agency profile, entered the exact same company details and VAT, and it gets rejected.

Hi Zsolt,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this furrter and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
43181b83
Community Member

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my Dutch VAT ID. Can anyone please help?

Hi Sofie,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
25e10853
Community Member

I have the same issue here! I Have already removed and entered the VAT ID again, but doesn't help. I'm also based in the Netherlands.

Hi Nina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members