🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client didn't allow me to record my manual...
Page options
0063a9e3
Community Member

My client didn't allow me to record my manual hours!!

Hi,

I worked for my client offline for 5 hours. It's been my second day working with him. But he hasn't allowed me to record my manual hours in upwork manual diary. I have sent the request two times but he didn't respond. What should I do now. Because today will be third day and I don't want to work if he doesn't allow me to record my working hours. 

Please guide me should I wait or what!!!

5 REPLIES 5
ba3691b3
Community Member

Hello.

When a client doesn't allow you to record your manual hours on Upwork, it's important to address the issue promptly to avoid potential disputes and ensure you get paid for your work. Send a polite but firm message to your client explaining the situation. Highlight the importance of recording your hours accurately to ensure you are compensated for your work. Make it clear that you cannot continue working without a way to log your hours. 
If the issue remains unresolved, you might need to pause your work until it's clear how your time will be tracked and compensated.

joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Exactly what Jeannette said, you might not get paid for these hours until you hear more from the client. 
So for now I'd tell the client very politely that you are unable to continue working until the previous hours have been cleared. I don't think there is anything weird about that. 

spectralua
Community Member

What kind of offline works you are doing to reject using time tracker? Never use manual time if possible.

afaytaren
Community Member

If you have a recorded conversation with your Client wherein he allowed manual time logging, then you should be paid.  But if there was no approval from your client, sad to say that this will not be paid unfortunately.

0063a9e3
Community Member

Thanks everyone! Problem solved 🙂🙂, I politely requested to my client and he accepted to allow me to record my manual hours.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members