🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My client forgot the upwork site.
Page options
rationalobserver
Community Member

My client forgot the upwork site.

I have a contract with my client, we have messages with him. Although he said he would score points, comment and pay, he did not confirm and close the contract. and timed out. Unfortunately, there is no number or platform where I can contact your customer. Also, if I'm not mistaken, he forgot that there is a contract on the upwork site that he needs to approve. How can I get my money?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My client forgot the Upwork site."

That's fine.

As a freelancer, I get paid for my work whether or not the client forgets the Upwork site.

re: "I have a contract with my client, we have messages with him"

I don't need to send messages to the client.

I get paid automatically.

re: "Although he said he would score points, comment and pay, he did not confirm and close the contract. and timed out."

If it is a fixed-price contract, I submit the work when it is done, using the "Submit work for payment" button. I don't even send a message. I get paid automatically. If it is an hourly contract, I get paid for my work automatically. I send update messages to the client, but it doesn't matter if he responds or not.

If a contract "times out", that is the freelancer's fault.

A client does not need to score points or comment. It is nice if he does. If he doesn't, I get paid the same amount.

re: "Unfortunately, there is no number or platform where I can contact your customer."

You don't need that.

In fact: If you did a Google search or something and FOUND the client's phone number, it would be a violation of Upwork ToS for you to call him. You could be suspended for doing that. If the client PROVIDES you with contact information, then you may use it. You may not look for contact information and use it unbidden.

re: "Also, if I'm not mistaken, he forgot that there is a contract on the upwork site that he needs to approve"

It doesn't matter if he forgets that there is a contract on Upwork.

You are incorrect: He does NOT need to approve anything.

re: "How can I get my money?"

I get my money automatically.

If you use Upwork correctly, then YOU get the money automatically.

Do you have a current fixed-price contract with a funded milestone?

Click the Submit button, and you will get your money automatically. Don't send any messages to the client. Don't try to contact Upwork Customer Support.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My client forgot the Upwork site."

That's fine.

As a freelancer, I get paid for my work whether or not the client forgets the Upwork site.

re: "I have a contract with my client, we have messages with him"

I don't need to send messages to the client.

I get paid automatically.

re: "Although he said he would score points, comment and pay, he did not confirm and close the contract. and timed out."

If it is a fixed-price contract, I submit the work when it is done, using the "Submit work for payment" button. I don't even send a message. I get paid automatically. If it is an hourly contract, I get paid for my work automatically. I send update messages to the client, but it doesn't matter if he responds or not.

If a contract "times out", that is the freelancer's fault.

A client does not need to score points or comment. It is nice if he does. If he doesn't, I get paid the same amount.

re: "Unfortunately, there is no number or platform where I can contact your customer."

You don't need that.

In fact: If you did a Google search or something and FOUND the client's phone number, it would be a violation of Upwork ToS for you to call him. You could be suspended for doing that. If the client PROVIDES you with contact information, then you may use it. You may not look for contact information and use it unbidden.

re: "Also, if I'm not mistaken, he forgot that there is a contract on the upwork site that he needs to approve"

It doesn't matter if he forgets that there is a contract on Upwork.

You are incorrect: He does NOT need to approve anything.

re: "How can I get my money?"

I get my money automatically.

If you use Upwork correctly, then YOU get the money automatically.

Do you have a current fixed-price contract with a funded milestone?

Click the Submit button, and you will get your money automatically. Don't send any messages to the client. Don't try to contact Upwork Customer Support.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members