🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My concern regarding "Preferred Qualification...
Page options
freshter007
Community Member

My concern regarding "Preferred Qualifications"

Recently, I found a job post and willing to send a proposal.

But I notice something in the "Preferred Qualification" section:

preferred.jpg

As a top-rated freelancer, is it normal seeing this "red !" symbol instead of "green checklist" because there's "yes" which means I am qualified (CMIIW).

Will my proposal ended up/listed "outside" the qualifications?

Or it just an unsolved bug?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Freshman: Compare other preferred criteria like "Location: Europe". There, it's clearer that the value displayed (Europe) is the one the client wants, not the one you have; and the symbol indicates whether you have it or not.

If they specifically want "Rising Talent" (new freelancers) as opposed to "Top Rated" it might mean they're offering less money.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AndreaG

Hi Freshman,

Preferred qualifications are set up by the client when creating their job post. You can still submit a proposal and they'll be able to review it like any other.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea, thank you for responding.

I know that I still can send a proposal to this project.

But my concern is :

It says "Yes" but why with "!" mark?

The preferred qualification is Rising Star, but I apply it as a Top Rated. Is it normal to face this confusing mark?

Hi Freshman,

When a freelancer who has the Rising Talent badge applies on the job, they will have the prefered qualification in green. The wording (yes) is referring that the client prefered qualifies are freelancers with a Rising Talent badge. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thank you for responding.

Then, "yes" in the picture above doesn't mean that I am qualified, even when a Top Rated freelancer like me applying.

Freshman: Compare other preferred criteria like "Location: Europe". There, it's clearer that the value displayed (Europe) is the one the client wants, not the one you have; and the symbol indicates whether you have it or not.

If they specifically want "Rising Talent" (new freelancers) as opposed to "Top Rated" it might mean they're offering less money.

Hi Rachael, thank you for responding.

All clear now.

Now I understand that the preferred qualification works just like this:

Classified

Member | Rising Talent | Top Rated | Top Rated Plus

Not a hierarchy 

Member < Rising Talent < Top Rated < Top Rated Plus

Have a great day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members