🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My financial account has been suspended d...
Page options
al_akkad-yazan
Community Member

My financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment methods.

Hi Upwork teams, Greetings.

This is Yazan and I am using upwork account for over 6 months.

Today, I tried to login my account and it says "Your financial account -__________- has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.".

There is nothing changed on my financial account and the payment method already exists.

I am not sure what's the problem with that.

Please help me to restore my upwork account. 😞

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Yazan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

124 REPLIES 124
jcbunn
Community Member

Hello. I am having the same issues as well. My financial account has been suspended and I don't know why. Please help. 

Hi Jole Ann,

I see you've also submitted a support request about your financial account status. Rest assured the team will assist you directly via that request as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Can someone please look into my tickets and fix the issue

rpandassociates
Community Member

I'm having this same issue have submitted tickets and no one is replying. Have called in and no one answers the phone just refers me back to support ticket. Been several days and still no resolution.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2d3d122b
Community Member

Same issiue. suspended my financial account without any notice. This happened right after I added my bank account details. I am from Nepal. Upwork 

frederick902
Community Member

I have the same issue, I went to withdraw my funds and then there was a notification that my account has been suspended.

Hi Fredrick,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
yanaivanov
Community Member

I am having the same issue. need it resolved asap please

Hi Yana,

Thank you for reaching out and we certainly understand how you want this issue resolved immediately. However, I can see that you've already raised a couple of support tickets regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c671b519
Community Member

I have the same problem 

and I opened a ticket 4 days ago and no one has reached me yet 

Hi Mahmoud,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
babiteoprin
Community Member

I have the same issue with my account. Please help me resolve this. Thank you

Hi Bobby,

Could you please try removing your PayPal payment method from your account?

~Andrea
Upwork
30ec7d90
Community Member

Hi Andrea! I can't thank you enough. This helped me immdediately, thank you thank you thank you!

I had this problem today as well! Andrea's suggestion to remove the PayPal method helped me immediately. 

ebd3f300
Community Member

I'm having the same problem anyone who can help?

Hi Joses,

Thank you for your message. I see that your financial account is already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
8591412e
Community Member

same problem...

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
hattakit
Community Member

Hi, I'm facing the same issue

Hello Hattakit,

I'm sorry to hear you're also facing this issue. I've escalated your concern to the Customer Support team via a support ticket. You can rest assured they will follow up with you and assist you further. You can access your tickets here

~ Luiggi
Upwork
abdulmughni1996
Community Member

Hi, 

I am TOP RATED Freelancer from Last 2 years and never used any payment out side the upwork. Sill I am facing the this issue. I have laready raised the ticket. However, I did not received any email from Upwork. 

Please resolve the issue.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your financial account. I see that your financial account was suspended due to delayed or no response to the ongoing Dispute support ticket. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
jonagpa
Community Member

Account suspension for payment methods

"Your financial account XXXXXX - has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file"
Since receiving this message, I have added new payment methods and the issue persists. I added multiple new payment methods. There is probably a different issue with my account. I was not active in UPWORK for the past 3 years, just returned today and saw the issue. I looked at past tickets just in case there was an issue I was unaware of, I found nothing. The only possible issue I found was that between those 3 years of inactivity, I did cancel my Paypal account (which was probably linked here in Upwork) so perhaps that could have caused an issue. but I had other payment methods on file too. 

jonagpa_1-1684868177245.png

Hi Jonathan,

I saw that you've already submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our agents will assist you directly through your open ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
jonagpa
Community Member

Thank you, however it seems that they only consolidated the tickets but did not offer to solve the issue 😞

8c053991
Community Member

My acc...

Your financial account  has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account...

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Norbert,

Could you please try removing your PayPal payment method?

~Andrea
Upwork
8c053991
Community Member

Hi Andrea 

Yes, but i have active contracts.. 

"You need a primary billing method when you have active contracts or a balance due. To remove this one, set a new primary billing method first."

THX.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Norbert,

Please add an alternative payment method while you remove and re-add your PayPal account.

~Andrea
Upwork
8c053991
Community Member

Nothink..

asd.png

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Norbert, could you please click on that Set as Primary option? Once you've done this, you should be able to remove your PayPal payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork
8c053991
Community Member

Ok now its ok

Good girl 🫶

a484eb6b
Community Member

I am facing the same issue with my account. Is there already a solution?

Hi Valter,

I am sorry to hear about the status of your financial account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
kanba
Community Member

I'm also facing the same issue. Even after I updated the payment method, getting the same notification. __________ has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

I couldn't react out the customer support also. For me get support link not showing after login. What is the Email support Email?

Thanks in advance

Hi Anba,

I am sorry to hear about the status of your Upwork account. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
b_galingan
Community Member

Hello!

I am having the same problem as my financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account is the message but I do not see anything to update payment methods, please help.

Thank you!

b_galingan
Community Member

Hello!

I am having the same problem as my financial account has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account is the message but I do not see anything to update payment methods, please help.

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members