🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My on going job is not showing on my profile ...
Page options
raowaleedhayat
Community Member

My on going job is not showing on my profile to public

Hi, I'm working on an hourly-based job that was invited by a client from the US. I'm working on this job for the last 4 weeks. it's showing to me in my jobs but not showing to the public. I also did a data compilation job for the same client and the job is completed. The client ended the job. The job is showing on my profile but it's private. How I can show this job to the public?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rao Waleed H wrote:

Hi, I'm working on an hourly-based job that was invited by a client from the US. I'm working on this job for the last 4 weeks. it's showing to me in my jobs but not showing to the public.

Yes, it is showing in your profile under the "in process" tab.

in progress.png

Rao Waleed H wrote:

The client ended the job. The job is showing on my profile but it's private. How I can show this job to the public?

The job itself is showing, just the job post isn't showing, because the client created the job for you, so it's a private job. The job post can't be made to show and is irrelevant anyway.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Rao Waleed H wrote:

Hi, I'm working on an hourly-based job that was invited by a client from the US. I'm working on this job for the last 4 weeks. it's showing to me in my jobs but not showing to the public.

Yes, it is showing in your profile under the "in process" tab.

in progress.png

Rao Waleed H wrote:

The client ended the job. The job is showing on my profile but it's private. How I can show this job to the public?

The job itself is showing, just the job post isn't showing, because the client created the job for you, so it's a private job. The job post can't be made to show and is irrelevant anyway.

is it showing to other clients? as I searched for my own name in Upwork after log out to see how it is showing to the public but only my specialized profile social media managemnt is only showing and only 1 completed job is showing on that profile why that has happened? Can you guide me about this? and kindly also let me know that these jobs are shown to the other clients when I submit a proposal for their posted jobs?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Rao Waleed H wrote:

as I searched for my own name in Upwork after log out to see how it is showing to the public but only my specialized profile social media managemnt is only showing and only 1 completed job is showing on that profile why that has happened?

Contracts only show to logged out people if the job post that they resulted from were set to public rather than "Upwork users only" or "Invite only".  Contracts that resulted from job posts that were set to "Upwork users only" or "Invite only" do not show to people who are not logged into Upwork and this is by design and respects the client's privacy choices.

That said, Upwork clients don't search google, they search Upwork. So they are logged in when they search and will see your history. 

It also tells non-users that you have more jobs

more jobs.png

Rao Waleed H wrote:

and kindly also let me know that these jobs are shown to the other clients when I submit a proposal for their posted jobs?

Clients you submit proposals to are also logged into Upwork when they visit your profile, so yes, of course they see your history. It's really pretty irrelevant what non-Upwork users see should they, by some weird chance, stumble across your profile. You want people to visit your profile who can hire you, not randoms.

Thanks for the information.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members