🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My payment was refunded!
Page options
d1fdd26b
Community Member

My payment was refunded!

Hi,

I have a problem. I just got notification that my payment was refunded to the client. I have completed whole task, I was even rated by the client (5 stars), and today when billing cycle ended I was informed that payment is refunded.

Why is that and how can I make my money get to me?
5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

If your payment was "refunded" it means that Upwork was not actually able to bill this client.

This was an hourly contract?

Why did you choose to not qualify for Upwork Payment Protection?

Had you qualified, this money would not have been refunded.

Yes, it was an hourly contract. Client was someone who has spend much on Upwork, so we made a deal that I will log manual time.

I understand that the client has already spent a lot of money on Upwork. So that is why you trusted him.

But I think you learned a lesson:

Manual time doesn't qualify for Payment Protection.

Did the client ASK you to use manual time?

I asked the client if we will work through app or to log manual time, and he said we can do manual.

Thank you for your answer. Just one thing, if I manage to contact him and tell him to pay, is it something that can be done?

re: "Thank you for your answer. Just one thing, if I manage to contact him and tell him to pay, is it something that can be done?"

Yes.

You are indeed allowed to do that.

He can fix his situation with Upwork, make sure that his payment method is valid, and pay you using the client-side "Send bonus" or "Pay bonus" tool.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members