🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My profile Not Getting Views
Page options
khurram_siddique
Community Member

My profile Not Getting Views

Hi, I've always appreciated the help and support I've received, and I'm once again reaching out for your valuable guidance.

For the past Eight years, I've been a part of the Upwork community, and I've built an impressive track record. I've consistently maintained a 100% Job Success Score, achieved Top Rated status, and received numerous positive reviews from satisfied clients.

However, over the last few months, I've observed a notable decline in the number of profile views. I've undertaken various efforts to address this concern, such as updating my profile overview, tags, and skills. I've even earned the "Available now" badge, but unfortunately, I haven't seen any improvement.

I believe that if my profile gets more visibility, my impressive work history will naturally lead to more job invitations. I suspect that I might be overlooking something critical or missing a key element that's causing me to fall out of favor with Upwork's algorithm.

I'm truly grateful for any assistance you can provide, and I thank you in advance for your support.

Kind Regards,

Khurram S.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/khurramsiddique2015

2 REPLIES 2
tomzilla1
Community Member

It's not you. The invite model was changed years ago.

celgins
Community Member

Most freelancers I communicate with agree that the "Available Now" badge doesn't do much to generate profile views.

Upwork's search results are shown on a rotating basis, and even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus freelancers get moved around. There is a chance your profile dropped over the last few months, which could mean fewer clients are seeing your profile.

You've had success here on Upwork, but two things I noticed about your profile:

1) Your overview/summary is okay. However, I would revise the first paragraph and exclude the term "virtual assistant." Even if you provide virtual assistance services, the clients looking for lead generation and prospecting are not typically thinking about a virtual assistant, and the term provides no benefit to your profile.

Also, consider removing unnecessary text from your first paragraph. Why? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches. This means you have a very small window of opportunity to grab their attention, and you don't want to waste valuable space with a greeting, repeating your name, or giving directions. For example:

I'm a highly skilled B2B Lead Generation expert with 8 years of experience helping businesses generate positive leads and prospecting that gets results. I can help increase the number of leads in your sales pipeline by using a powerful, low-cost lead generation strategy that turns prospects into sales.

My services include:

✔ Lead Generation & Internet Research
✔ Web Scraping, Data Mining & Database Building
✔ LinkedIn Sales Navigator; Lead Generation, Research and List Building
✔ Industry-specific company database with basic contact details
✔ Generating company lists with estimated revenue ranges and owner contact details.

(...)

2) One thing to note about your profile is the relevance between your title, summary, and skills list. Yours is good, but you are missing an important skill category in your skills list: B2B Lead Generation. This skill category is important because you use it in your title. When added to your skills list, it should help match you with relevant jobs, and show your profile in relevant search results for B2B Lead Generation.

These suggested changes are not likely to have an earth-shattering impact, but I think they're important for enhancing your profile.

Outside of these revisions, I think your profile has become a victim of Upwork's changing marketplace, and hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of freelancers are experiencing the same.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members