🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Name mismatch
Page options
621f8f7d
Community Member

Name mismatch

Hello Upwork. Pls I'm finding it difficult to add my local bank details as an additional withdrawal method because it is stating that their is a name mismatch.  My bank account name bears the same name as my verified name. They are the same thing. Please help me out

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Chukwumelum,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform that your payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
gisabo1990
Community Member

If you're encountering a name mismatch issue while trying to add your local bank details as an additional withdrawal method on Upwork, there could be a few reasons for this problem. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot:

1. Double-Check Your Information: Ensure that you've entered your bank account details accurately, including your name exactly as it appears on your bank account.
2. Contact Upwork Support: Reach out to Upwork's customer support for assistance. They can provide specific guidance and help you resolve any issues with adding your bank details. You can usually find a "Help" or "Support" section on the Upwork website or app to initiate a support request.
3. Verify Bank Account Name: Some banks have specific formatting requirements for the name associated with the account. Make sure the name you've entered matches exactly how it appears on your bank statement or account documents.
4. Consider Alternative Spellings: If your name includes special characters or accents, try entering it without those characters to see if that resolves the mismatch issue.
5. Verify Your Upwork Account Name: Double-check that the name on your Upwork account matches the name on your bank account. Any discrepancies between the two could trigger a mismatch error.
6. Documentation: If necessary, be prepared to provide documentation to support your name, such as a government-issued ID or a bank statement.
7. Patience: Sometimes, technical issues or delays can occur. If you've verified that all information is correct, it might be a temporary glitch that resolves itself with time. However, if the issue persists, it's best to contact Upwork support for assistance.

By following these steps and reaching out to Upwork support if necessary, you should be able to resolve the name mismatch issue and successfully add your local bank details for withdrawal.

Gisabo Lewis Anthony
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members