🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need help in preparing architectural drawing ...
Page options
ammar_alshaer
Community Member

Need help in preparing architectural drawing for permit

Hello everyone, I hope you are doing great.

so I got a job of designing a family home in Washington, US. He also needs the drawings for the permit. Coming from the Middle East, I am not familiar with the building methods in the use (using wood and whatnot) so I need a sample of permit drawings in order to understand more abt it.

can any one help me with that?

5 REPLIES 5
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

You need to post a job.

elisa_b
Community Member

I do not mean to sound harsh, but why did you accept that job in the first place? Freelancers should work on something they can actually master.

Anyway, you should post a job and pay someone to help you.

celgins
Community Member

I agree with Mary and Elisa. Your best approach is to hire someone familiar with building design in the state of Washington.

Architectural designing and building methods are not the same throughout the U.S. All builders and architects have to adhere to building codes, and codes vary from state to state. When it comes to structural stability and energy efficiency requirements, certain building materials (e.g., wood, metal, etc.) may be required in some areas (i.e., moist climate, warm climate, cold climate, marine climate, etc.) while not others.

I had to learn some of those things while building a house in the southern U.S., which has different requirements than the pacific northwest and every other part of the U.S.

bobafett999
Community Member

In my opinion you should decline the offer and be honest and tell the buyer that you are not familiar with local building codes.  If you don't do that this could be your first and last job.

yofazza
Community Member

I think you can try to be honest about 'your problem' to the client and discuss/find a solution.

They choose you for a reason which they must do some compromise. I've been in similar situation a couple of times and the client always understand.

You can:

• Ask for more time to do the research (not here / no need to post a job, I think).
  • Skip the things you're not familiar with (if possible)
  • Part ways, peacefully.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members