🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Need your help
Page options
sframes
Community Member

Need your help

hello to all freelancers who already have experience working on upwork. When the war started in my country, I had difficulties finding a job here in Ukraine. So I signed up for upwork hoping to get a request. I have a friend from Ukraine who has been working here for over 5 years and is doing well. He has now moved to Poland and works from there. Here's the problem: I've been writing to clients for over half a year now and haven't received any feedback. Yes, there were correspondences, but clients often just stop writing after they already say they will send me a contract or test footage for work. I don't understand if it's my luck or if I'm doing something wrong. I connected myself to the freelancer plus package in the hope that it would somehow help me with my job search, but no, that doesn't work either. Today I pay upwork money and get nothing in return. Please advise what I should do, I am starting to lose all hope for this exchange

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
roberty1y
Community Member

It takes a long time to get a job here, and it's got harder in the last year or so. It wouldn't be unusual for someone to send in 100 proposals before being offered their first contract. It's best to be aware of that fact - getting work is not impossible, just time-consuming.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
roberty1y
Community Member

It takes a long time to get a job here, and it's got harder in the last year or so. It wouldn't be unusual for someone to send in 100 proposals before being offered their first contract. It's best to be aware of that fact - getting work is not impossible, just time-consuming.

I have already sent over 80)))
maybe my lucky number hasn't come yet
and if you get the first contract, fulfill it, the customer writes a good review, in the future, upwork somehow promotes your account, or can you continue to look for work for months and have no result?

When you get a job, I don't think it makes much difference in terms of making your profile more prominent. But you're no longer one of those with no work history to show - who form the vast majority of freelancers here. Clients are more likely to hire you then.

Yeah, understanding)

yofazza
Community Member

you continue to look for work for months and have no result?

That would be the more correct one, although I believe it should be easier not just because you already have something in your profile but you'll also be more experienced in reading/vetting the jobs.

Have you read this btw: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

sframes
Community Member

Thank's a lot!😲

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members