• Mobile
  • Email
  • Recruiting
  • Freelancer and Agency Proposals
  • Contracts
  • Groups & Invitations
  • Membership
  • Miscellaneous
  • Project Recommendations For Our Top Talent (unsubscribed)
  • Communications from Upwork (unsubscribed)

There is no "Job Recommendations" section on my notification settings as referenced in this email.

How do I stop this SPAM please?

Upwork SPAM.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hehehehehe ... 13 months later and a simple opt-out to comply with the 19-year-old federally mandated CANN-SPAM act is still not implemented?

The 7 Essential CAN-SPAM Requirements

• 5) Make it easy to opt out of future communications. This typically means including an unsubscribe link within your message.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
JoanneP

Hi Steven,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
firescue17
Community Member

FYI: for other freelancers so interested, Upwork tech support removed me as an individual from this mailing list since the notification setting claimed in the email message doesn't exist.

Apparently, the only option is to contact support to opt out on an individual basis.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven, 

I can confirm that the team currently has this in their pipeline to improve the user experience. 

Thank you for taking time to report it. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ivonak
Community Member

Please remove me as well from this spam list. It’s annoying and useless. Thank you
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivona, 

Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you to assist you further with your request. You may access your support ticket at this link. 

~ Avery
Upwork
yankog
Community Member

Maybe count me in as well.

Job recommendations I get are totally irrelevant to my profile and therefore spam.

Otherwise I would love to see updates based on my profile or searches.

Hi Yanko,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
a9a3a309
Community Member

Hello, can you please remove me from this list as well? Why can I not see the option to unsubscribe in my settings? These "5 new opportunities" are useless and taking up my inbox.

tekwrite
Community Member

How do I turn off this email for new opportunities? The link goes to the Notification page but not sure which option turns it off. By the time I get it, the jobs are several days old so it is not useful. I appreciate the effort though.

Thanks!

Hi Ken,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

I'd like to unsubscribe from the recommended job emails as well.

There is no option to stop getting them in the notifications settings.

Hi Alexander,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with further assistance. You can access your ticket and communicate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

hehehehehe ... 13 months later and a simple opt-out to comply with the 19-year-old federally mandated CANN-SPAM act is still not implemented?

The 7 Essential CAN-SPAM Requirements

• 5) Make it easy to opt out of future communications. This typically means including an unsubscribe link within your message.

I also would like to stop receiving these emails, please. 

Hi Mario,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you like, you can choose not to receive these emails notifications by updating your Notification Settings. Kindly uncheck the option for: "Send recommendations if I qualify as top Upwork talent" from your 'Notification Settings'. Please click here to see a sample screenshot.

You can find more information in this help article.
~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members