🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » New Upwork profile, won't let me use my old e...
Page options
vctjohanna
Community Member

New Upwork profile, won't let me use my old email address...

A few years ago, I made a basic Upwork account that I didn't end up using. Recently, I have deactivated that account and made a new one, and need to use my same email address. However, the system shows that email 'is already in use', and won't let me use it again even though it's tied to a dead account... HELP?

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Johanna,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,
This is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. My old email. was **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I need this
same email linked to my new account. Thank you.

Hi Johanna,

The team already reached out to you directly via this support ticket. Please consider following up with them directly so they can assist you further.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Ok, my understanding was that after 3 days it would be closed and I would
have to make a new one. But if it's still open, this is perfect:

The email address I need attached to my account is  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

You will be fine, after Upwork Customer Support helps you get this straightened out.

You now understand that a freelancer can never close an account and re-open a new account.

Any "new" freelancer account must be closed, and a freelancer will open their original account and use that one.

Gotcha! Thanks so much!

Hi Johanna,

As an update, I shared the info you posted on this thread with the team and they followed up with you on the ticket with further details. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks so much!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members